MSC Opera - December 11, 2004

ExplorerCA

I know... MSC-who? But we're looking for anyone else booked on this line. Hopefully, there will be SOME folks to share some coffee with.

And, for those unfamiliar with it, MSC Cruises is the last Italian owned cruise line and they're trying to make inroads in North America. They've hired a good number of former Celebrity bigwigs to bolster their chances.

Although I'm not on your sailing, I look forward to your impressions. I'm hoping to sail on MSC OPERA on Jan 22. I have high hopes for MSC and I think they will be a great alternative to the "big guys". For those that remember Home Lines or Sitmar and the Italian flair they offered, I'm thinking that MSC will be a modern day version.

As you say, a few Celebrity execs have found their way over to MSC including Rick Sasso who is running the N.American division. This should be a great thing especially for people that love Celebrity.

The atmosphere onboard MSC is supposed to be low-key, with absolutely no announcements during the day (love that!). The MSC ships here in N.America are brand new and seem to have understated yet stylish interiors. The only drawbacks I see are smaller than average cabins, and not enough balconies offered for a new ship.

Ernie

Hi Paul! It's Chris for the Explorer cruise. I see you and Anthony are on to another adventure. Zach still tells people that he met the mayor of the ship on our last cruise. Hugs to Anthony...Chris

BTW-I am still talking to John...remember him....I might do another Explorer cruise before his contract is up in Feb.

LOL! I miss you Chris & Zack! What have you been up to?

The 'mayor' will probably be improving to a real sash by the time this cruise rolls around. The Italian crew will inevitably excite and motivate the Italian in him.

I got an email from John and I'm going to email him back. Keep in touch, you guys!

Archived