The Ultimate Ship Tour......Is It Worth It????

BACON227

If offered (it is not on all ships yet), you need to sign up as soon as possible at the Purser's desk.

There have been several threads about this tour, and everyone who has taken it and posted said it was a worth-the-price experience.

I rencently posted that i thought it was a rip off, until i read a review on this forum it actually sounded quite a good experience.

I think you are given a robe & chefs jacket

The person who wrote the review done it really well ,i think it was posted fairly recently anyone know where it is?

Well, we were thrilled to be selected for the Ultimate Ship Tour on the Ruby last month. Whether it's worth it or not depends on where your interests lay. We are sort of addicted to cruising and just about everything related to it, and the ships, their operation and crew are always interesting to us. So, for us, it was more than worth the cost. We were so intrigued we discussed that we would have been willing to give up a shore excursion for the tour if it had been necessary (it was not -- it was on a sea day.) And, in fact, our group was 13 and without exception, everyone on our tour commented (most, more than once) that the tour was more than worth the price. And yes, you do get "swag", which is very, very nice, but to me it would have been worth it without the robe and chef's jacket and photographs, etc. It was absolutely fascinating to see the areas of the ship that passengers usually never get to see, and to understand how things work on a ship. Meeting the Captain and getting the detailed tour of the bridge was just the cherry on the sundae.

If you're interested in this kind of thing, then I would reiterate the post above: as soon as you board the ship go directly to the Passenger Services Desk and get your name on the list. We were told it's a lottery and, if there are more than about 12 people on the list, they literally put names in a hat.

Good luck and happy cruising!

I would recommend the ships tour over a land tour any day. It will be a once in a life time experience. We were on the Ruby back in December, with "5:00 o'clock somewhere" and I agree everyone on the tour thought it was well worth the price, in fact one passanger at the end thought the price was too low. Our 13 year old boy who did the tour with us still talks about the tour and wants to do it again, "only if he saves his money to pay for it", but I agree with him that I would do it again. The swag was a nice touch but most of all the bridge tour was the best part. We stayed close to an hour on the bridge and could have stayed longer as they were in no hurry asking us to leave. If you love cruising you have to try this!!!!

Thanks, I think we will try and do this!!!!!!!!

Good to hear. I think you'll really enjoy it!

I would recommend the ships tour over a land tour any day. It will be a once in a life time experience. We were on the Ruby back in December, with "5:00 o'clock somewhere" and I agree everyone on the tour thought it was well worth the price, in fact one passanger at the end thought the price was too low. Our 13 year old boy who did the tour with us still talks about the tour and wants to do it again, "only if he saves his money to pay for it", but I agree with him that I would do it again. The swag was a nice touch but most of all the bridge tour was the best part. We stayed close to an hour on the bridge and could have stayed longer as they were in no hurry asking us to leave. If you love cruising you have to try this!!!!

Hi, nice to "see" you here!!! I have to say, I was loving your son's enthusiasm on the tour! He just had that "kid on Christmas morning" awe on his face so much of the time, it was heartening and refreshing. And I was amazed how much he already knew about the ship and its operation. I have to agree: having that much time on the bridge was wonderful, and I really enjoyed the explanations of everything that Alex, the Second Officer, gave.

I'm sure this tour wouldn't be for everybody, but we agree with you; for us it was a once in a lifetime experience that far exceeded what we've done on many, many of our land tours.

Happy New Year! Maybe we'll see you on another cruise! :)

This is interesting. Previously on cruises, for free, we have had a behind the scenes tour of the theater, the galley, and the bridge. We didn't get to see the print shop, the funnel, or the medical center. And we did not get a robe or chef's jacket. But I guess they no longer give those tours for free.

Good to hear. I think you'll really enjoy it!

Hi, nice to "see" you here!!! I have to say, I was loving your son's enthusiasm on the tour! He just had that "kid on Christmas morning" awe on his face so much of the time, it was heartening and refreshing. And I was amazed how much he already knew about the ship and its operation. I have to agree: having that much time on the bridge was wonderful, and I really enjoyed the explanations of everything that Alex, the Second Officer, gave.

I'm sure this tour wouldn't be for everybody, but we agree with you; for us it was a once in a lifetime experience that far exceeded what we've done on many, many of our land tours.

Happy New Year! Maybe we'll see you on another cruise! :)

Hello, He did have that "kid at Christmas morning" awe and still has it. Nothing he received at Christmas, matched the "Ships Ultimate tour" He wears his robe everyday so it is a constant reminder of the tour. It's probably to late to say but "Happy NewYear" to you both and hopefully we will see you on another cruise. Next for us is August doing a B2B out of NewYork. Love that port!!!. Later guys take care.

This sounds like a tour like for me.. I love the ships i love watching the discovery specials on the ships i think i would do this tour.. I just read over the official press thingy from Princess and WOW i would with out a doubt do that tour.. I just hop it goes to the Caribbean Princess in time...

I know that the Ruby does it, as that is in the press release, but is there a definitive answer as to what other ships are doing it at this time?

It sounds like it is popular, and since it is a money maker, I am sure that Princess must have rolled it out to other ships by this time.

This is the only thing it says:

"Following its debut aboard Ruby Princess, the program will be introduced aboard all Princess ships. "

So is it already on all ships, or is it a rolled out introduction.

I know that the Ruby does it, as that is in the press release, but is there a definitive answer as to what other ships are doing it at this time?

It sounds like it is popular, and since it is a money maker, I am sure that Princess must have rolled it out to other ships by this time.

This is the only thing it says:

"Following its debut aboard Ruby Princess, the program will be introduced aboard all Princess ships. "

So is it already on all ships, or is it a rolled out introduction.

So far, I've only heard of it on the Ruby and Emerald. I'll be on the Crown in 2 days. I'll report back about her.

I would love to hear back about the Crown! We are sailing on her in August and that tour sounds like the PERFECT THING to suprise my husband with :D

Happy Sailing,

Anne

Even if it's not offered next week, I'll bet it'll be offered on the Crown by August. Lucky you! :)

I just got off the phone with Princess Cruises. As of today the Ultimate Ship Tour is only available on the Ruby and the Emerald. They could not tell me when, or if it will be available on any of the other ships. The customer service rep't. that I spoke to had never heard of the tour, and asked a supervisor. The supervisor had to call someone else and finally got an answer.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on 2/8 and I would love to be able to do this tour.

Hi,

I took this tour on December 6 on the Ruby and we were told the Caribbean would be the next ship to have the tour. It is a great tour for anyone who loves cruising and wants to know more about what goes on. I really enjoyed the medical center and laundry room as well as the bridge. It was formal night for us, so I was unable to stay as long as I would have liked. This tour is physically active with many stairs and some without hand rails.

Jacki

Archived