WhAT ABOUT DESSERTS ON FREEDOM CLASS SHIPS?

fritzi

The last cruise we were on was ncl sun. It was a nice smaller ship and i remember that the buffet food was not all that good, especially the desserts. They were mostly gelatin type.

Does rccl have really good deserts like real chocolate cake, connoli's, or is it the same gelatin type desserts? Thanks

The last cruise we were on was ncl sun. It was a nice smaller ship and i remember that the buffet food was not all that good, especially the desserts. They were mostly gelatin type.

Does rccl have really good deserts like real chocolate cake, connoli's, or is it the same gelatin type desserts? Thanks

RCCL has wonderful desserts. My favorite being the flourless chocolate cake. It is so creamy and chocolatey delicious!!! :D Ask someone to post one of their menu's and you'll see there is a wide variety of items, even low fat and low sugar items for those with special dietary needs!

I would say the desserts are my least favorite food on the ship. I really have never met a dessert I didn't eat, but at the end a cruise I am usually craving a good old fashioned piece of cake with a nice thick layer of frosting. The apple pie and ice cream in Johnny Rockets is one of the best, most normal desserts on the ship, so try that if you like apple pie.

I LOVE RCI and I LOVE dessert but unfortunately, I do not necessarily love RCI's desserts.

I haven't been on a Freedom class ship (will be on IOS in March) but I also found it varied from ship to ship eg. more gelatinous on the Navigator than the Explorer for the same desserts (not sure if it was because it was a particularly stormy cruise or not) and in different venues- we have found that places like the Windjammer and the Promenade Cafe have better desserts than the dining room.

That being said, some desserts are great! When in doubt, order more than one:cool: but avoid the cheesecakes- especially gelatinous and not at all like a new york cheesecake.

Enjoy!

We just returned from the Liberty of the Seas today. We had a banana cream pie on Thursday night that was amazing! Instead of a a basic pudding type base it was chocolate and tasted almost like a creme brule ( sp?) . The Key Lime Pie is great, and the Tiramasu is always good. The Cafe Promenade had cookies and some cakes like Lemon Poppyseed and Chocolate Marble. The desserts in the Windjammer were a little disappointing this time, but yesterday there was a good Boston Creme Pie.

Thanks for the info. I'll do the chocolate cake and ice cream bar!!!

I'm supposed to be dieting anyway. LOL

Definitely do not miss the Sugar Free Coconut Layer Cake. This is truly one of RCCL's hidden treasures IMHO

Archived