Tell me about the Pride

powoct95

We will be cruising on the Pride this May with a large group of family and friends, and since I started all this :D, I want to make sure everyone will like the ship. We have cruised many times, but never on this class of ships. It looks beautiful, but I know pics can sometimes deceive. We are really excited about carnival coming back to Baltimore, we live in Maryland. I have even gotten my grandparents to go from both sides of the family, they are all 3 in their 80's. Just want it to be nice for our first-timers, because they probably won't even get off the ship. Thanks for any info on the shows and the dining you can give. Also tell me about the pools and camp carnival for my kids.

Thanks

The Pride was the first ship we ever sailed on and I really enjoyed it. She was brand new then, so it's hard for me to say what it's like now. The decor was very nice and I loved the Atrium in the middle I'm happy to see she is coming to Baltimore since I'm from Maryland also. I think your family will be pleased and I've read great things about camp Carnival. My kids were older when we went and didn't use them.

Our favorite spot was the rear of the ship on the Lido deck. They had a great ice-cream bar there and a hot tub. The pools were generally crowded and it's not easy to get a seat. The had a good Calypso band that played daily by the pool. I enjoyed the comedy shows and magicians, the variety shows were so-so. There is plenty of other entertainment during the day on the ship.

Overall, I think you'll find plenty to do and will have a great time. It's a long time to spend on the ship without getting off though, Hopefully the grandparents will choose a port or two to get out and walk around a little, but if they don't there are plenty of areas to just sit and read a book inside or out on the decks to enjoy the views. Since it's less crowded on the ship while in port, they may actually enjoy that time better.

Enjoy and tell us about your trip when you return.

Nothing to worry about. Cruised the Pride twice and last time it was over Thanksgiving 2008 with 26 other family members to include several in their 70's. A blast was had by all. Pools are nice and noisey on mid lido deck. The aft pool on the Lido deck is an adults only with a really nice bar. Comedy shows were pretty good. I thought the dance club was good in that they had a couple of disco nights. Accessing the dining room is very easy, just go down to deck 2 and walk to the back of ship. I thought the ship was very clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Just go and have a great time. Everybody else will too. Looking up the Pride on the ship reviews will also give you alot of good info.icon10.gif

I have to say I love this class of ship and we really enjoyed our time on the Pride. When she moves to Balitmore and if they make a better itinerary I would love to go on her again.

The ship is very easy to navigate. We loved the aft pool. It is the adult pool.

We had dinner in the Captains Club or Gala area. It is a seperate room that is attached to the diningroom. I may have the name wrong. It was nice because you were not really a part of the shows. lol

There's an adult only pool? That's great! My husband will be happy to hear that.

How about cell phone service or internet/wifi? Is it available on the Pride? I'm trying to figure out if our iphones will work during the trip...

You are going to love this ship. We are sailing on her for the second time ourselves (fourth time on Spirit Class) in March and we are bringing her to the east coast for you to enjoy. Wi-Fi throughout the ship as just reported from a recent cruiser. Have a great time.

You are going to love this ship. We are sailing on her for the second time ourselves (fourth time on Spirit Class) in March and we are bringing her to the east coast for you to enjoy. Wi-Fi throughout the ship as just reported from a recent cruiser. Have a great time.

We'll be bringing it over to the east with you lol

Really looking forward to it, too!

HA! whatta you doing here?:D

O.P., You'll love the Pride, we'll get it all nice and ready for you! Grab an aft wrap if available.

Camps are broken down by age groups.

2-5 6-8 9-11 12-14 15-17

Camps are very strict with age groups so if i=you have kids that want to stay together--the older kid will have to move down to the younger group.

Camps are closed most days from noon til 2 and 5-7. (opened during formal nights that kids can eat with the counselors.

Taking early dinner with kids make the camps better for them. Since camps close until 7 taking a later dinner the kids have much down time with nothing to do-- most camp activities are happening by 8pm. Camp charges fees starting at 10:00pm first kid is 10.00 second kid is 5 kids must be in the same family-- cousins dont count. 9-11 can sign themselves in and out- this way they can participate in the ship wide scavenger hunt. There is also a pajama party (for a fee) from 10pm til 3am

There is an orientation the first night that every kid and a family member attend---esecially of there are teens--for thse kids make it mandatory- they think they are too cool for programs but they wont be sorry they attended

We cruised the Pride and loved it so much we booked again for this April while she is in Florida. She really was elegant and after a day or two you dont even notice the naked pictures everywhere LOL. One thing not to miss is tea time every sea day, that was great along with everything else.

There's an adult only pool? That's great! My husband will be happy to hear that.

How about cell phone service or internet/wifi? Is it available on the Pride? I'm trying to figure out if our iphones will work during the trip...

We have Verizon and I dont remember a time we didnt have coverage. Call your provider to get rates but last November Verizon was charging $2.49 per min while out on sea and .99 cents a min while on land (Mexico). Way better than the $6.99 per minute the ship charges for your room phone. :eek:

We cruised the Pride and loved it so much we booked again for this April while she is in Florida. She really was elegant and after a day or two you dont even notice the naked pictures everywhere LOL. One thing not to miss is tea time every sea day, that was great along with everything else.

My mother in law is very interested in the tea time... where do they have it, and what all is involved? Thank you!

You will love Pride. Make sure to slow down and look at all the Murano? glass that is displayed all over the ship. It is really beautiful. We have sailed her twice, and are sad for us that she is leaving CA. I love Spirit class ships, think they are the perfect size.

Cell phone tip: Make sure you are far enough away from the ship (like not close to the dock) before you call, or else you will be using the more expensive ship reception. A Verizon rep that cruises told me this.

Enjoy!

My mother in law is very interested in the tea time... where do they have it, and what all is involved? Thank you!

Tea time is at 3:30 on sea days only. Its usally held in a lounge-- check the cruise daily papers to see where. Please tell your mom that it is not high tea and its not fancy-- it IS very nice though. Its where our families would sit back and relax and chat about our cruise so far. Dress code is casual- no swim suits. but shorts are ok

I cruised on the Pride two times in 2002 when she was cruising from Port Canaveral.

Loved this ship! Everything about her! She is my absolute favorite so far. When they moved her to the west coast, I was really disappointed because I wanted to cruise on her again. Now she is coming back, but don't really like the itinerary. I cruise mostly for the itinerary. If they give her a better one, I will definetly book her again!

We are cruising on the Pride in April from Miami!

I cannot wait, as we have two aft cabins ... and When we went on the Legend, I really enjoyed this Class of ships.

My kids are in three different Camp Carnival groups, so I will be sure to have a full report when we return!

Catrin

Tea time is in the florentine lounge on deck 2 at 3:30 on sea days (at least that was the schedule while we were there :o) Basiclly you sit down and they come around with a tea cart and also a dessert cart. Lots of fun and lasts about 45 min. The first day we got there about 10 minutes early and that was a mistake because all the comfy chairs were taken and we sat at the bar, which was okay. But after that we always got there about 30 minutes early.

We had dinner in the Captains Club or Gala area. It is a seperate room that is attached to the diningroom. I may have the name wrong. It was nice because you were not really a part of the shows. lol

Thanks for reminding me, I spotted that on the last night of our cruise, by then it was a little to late to ask what it was and how we could get in there, it did look like a very nie place for a quiet meal.

Though I will say that the dinning room staff were very good so please don't get the impression that I am putting them down.

The Pride really is a nice ship.

Archived