Alaska with a 15 month old

Splash85

I am wondering if any of you have some recommendations for shore excursion in Juneau, Ketchikan or Skagway. Our son will be 15 months when we sail. We have 500 in OBC and neither of us drink so we were thinking of booking Shore excursions through the cruise line... I know, I know, expensive but we can't cash out our OBC and usually our on board billing statement hits 200.00 at the most (tips and a few bottles of water).

We are sailing with NCL and do not intend to drop our son off at Daycare, I don't think he is old enough anyway.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I highly recommend that you go to the excursions desk and ask what excursions would be appropriate for you 15 month old. They will narrow it down for you.

I think any excursion that includes a dog sled demonstration and chance to pet puppies would be a winner.

The is an Underseas Tour in Ketichikan that kids usually enjoy, not sure if you can book through the cruise line though. It is a boat where you go inside and look out at the undersea life through the water. I'd think a 15mo old would LOVE that!

Any other places with animals, or short hikes. If you have any kind of sling or carrier that your 15 month old can still use, those are great for keeping them close at hand for short hikes where you want to get a bit "off the beaten path" than a stroller will allow you to go.

I think if you post your question on the Alaska board you'll get a better response.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Alaska 2 years ago when our dd was 14 months old and she loved it. Juneau- We took the Helicopter/Dogsledding excursion. Emily loves dogs and sat in dh's lap while I got to drive the sled. We even got to go see the sled dog puppies! In Ketchikan, we booked a private floatplane trip to POW island to view the bears..also fun. Sitka- we booked Carnival's Sea Otter Quest - a boat tour where we also saw porpoises, whales, bears, bald eagles, and seals -lots to look at for a little one. We also walked up to the Raptor center with Em in her stroller. Probably the tour least suited to my daughter was the White Pass Railroad in skagway-sitting too long for a toddler. You'll have a great time. Take lots of pictures!!

Archived