taxi :cruise ship to cayo levantado Beach

vineyard11

Greetings,

Been on many cruises but first time to Samana, Dominican Republic. Does anyone have any experience getting a taxi from dock to Cayo Leventado Beach, specifically how long is the ride and what can I expect to pay..open to any other tips..Thanks!

When we stopped in Samana in Nov., it was the biggest BORE. We got a motorcycle pulled carriage(?) for $10@ for a tour, however, the driver couldn't talk to you as he was driving the motocycle. But, there was nothing to see! He dropped us off to shop at some shops but we're not shoppers, then took us to an overlook with nothing to see.There were cabs when you get off the tender - which took forever. The tender was ship's lifeboats and the driver didn't really know how to get the tender to the tender pier! (We have boats, my husband felt like saying 'let me drive'!) By the cabs there was a price list of places/beaches to go to and the cost. Make sure you ask if price is per cab or per person. The prices seemed high to us but negoiate with the guy getting cabs for people. Doubt we'll get off ship if we go there again.

CRUISE LINES

Dolphin

Commodore

Regency

Premier

Cape Canaveral Cruises

Carnival

Royal Caribean

NCL

Celebrity

Princess

Costa