Best tip used?

TERMITEJR

Thought it would be good for 1st timers to see all the tips we've used from all the experienced cruisers on this site in one thread

mine is simple but I never thought of it, and that was the over the door shoe holder, worked GREAT for all the stuff that would otherwise clutter your counter

different color highlighters[/b]- to go through the capers each night and highlight the activities that interest you.

small magnets and/or sticky notes- (especially if you are travel with family/kids)- this worked perfectly for us- to leave a note letting you know where they would be. (the outside of the bathroom door is a perfect place for this.)

Insulated mug is my favorite. I can't cruise with out one now.

Last cruise a lady called down to me from a floor above in the atrium.

I was holding DH's and my blue Bubba Kegs and she wanted to know where I got them.

I called up "Walmart".

It was funny, but she thought they had come from somewhere on board.

I have the ones that will fit in a car drink holder. Great investment for $7.

The other thing that I take is a small fan.

It makes it easier to sleep.

I am missing something here- to hole the hairdryer onto what? Surely not your hair or head????:confused:

Now that's funny!!

You have to continually hold the button down on the hair dryer in order for it to work. When you let go, the air stops coming out.

You have (?) to use the ship's hair dryer - plug/currency thing I think. It is in the drawer next to the vanity. Anyway, it does not have a "switch" to turn it on - you have to press and HOLD :eek: the button. Perhaps a fire hazard thing??? Anyway, your finger can get pretty tired holding that darn thing down long enough to get your hair dry - and my hair is short!:p

PS - I always leave mine behind for the next guest!

My hubby wanted to put in his 2 cents: a bungie cord to hold the balcony door open.

Also, I like those command hooks for the back of the cabin door- the kind that adhere with sticky stuff that you can easily remove. Great for sign and sail lanyard so you don't walk out of the room without it!:o

The power strip that gives you an extra couple of outlets, since there is usually only one, and plenty of ZIPLOCK bags. We take the XXL ones and put our dirty clothes in them and store them under the bed. You can squish all the air out to make it fit in your luggage for your return trip home, then you have all your dirty clothes together to dump in the laundry room. I can always find uses for Ziplock bags!

I would second a lot of the others already listed.

I bought and pack a small steam travel "iron". Its steam so its allowed, and works great on getting out the wrinkles on the formal wear. Who wants to hang out in a Laundrymat while on vacation. ;)

Mine favorite tip was to bring a power strip. Between plugging in cell phone chargers, camera chargers (we each have our own), lap top, electronic book and blow dryer, it's the most used item I bring.

What type of ebook do you have? I'm very intersted in getting one, and have heard mixed reviews about most of them...

I would just like to comment that I believe the people bring power strips because they have surge stoppers in them, they are not a fire hazzard, but are extension cords?

I always bring way too much, so I suggest taking away about 1/3 of the clothing you pack :D

Another tip some first timers don't know is that you can get cappacino in the dining room for free!!! It's really great too!!!!

Carole

Archived