Best tip used?

TERMITEJR

The last cruise I was on, they gave away these 'placemats' the last dining room night (I think.) We took them to our favorite servers and people we had met on the ship and had them sign it. When we got back, had them laminated. Viola! Free souvenir!

just curious... are insulated mugs for coffee or tea drinkers, or do ppl use them for cold drinks as well?

:p

We bring empty wide mouth plastic bottles (like gatorade) and fill them with ice on the Lido deck to keep our water cold during excursions.

cat22

We always pack a soft 6-pk size cooler in our luggage. We put it out the first day with $5.00 and leave a note for the steward asking him to keep it full, along with the bucket. When we buy a bucket of beers on lido, if we don't drink them all there, we bring the leftovers and put in our cooler. We also can use it (if we want) with water on any port excursions (it has a shoulder strap).

I should never read threads like these - I always find new things that I need. So, now I'm off to find a power strip with the USB connections on it!! :)

Large Ziplock bags!

They worked great for wet clothes as well as to keep our electronics dry when we climbed Dunns River Falls!

Anna - Not to mention you and your friend's great attitudes!! I read your excellent post-cruise thread.....seemed like you guys had a great time!!!

DH and I go nowhere, I mean never leave the house for more than a few hours nowhere, without our Big-T Tervis Tumblers. They are great for hot or cold drinks and if you are mixing a drink in your room, you don't have to go back as often!!! Plus, you never confuse who's drink is who's:cool: Bubba Keg would be just as good:)

We always bring over the rod shoe holders. With 4 of us, theres a lot of shoes! Also, an over the door hanger for keeping the bathroon all neat and organized. You can stick your brush, hair dryer, barrets, or whatever in them. Oh, and if you have an inside room, a book light in case you need to make a pit stop in the middle of the night.

For those of you who have a balcony room but forget the bungy cord, the lanyards given out will work too., make a loop out of the clip aroung the door handle, and stretch the lanyard over the bold thing on the top of the divider...works great! :p

Oh...also, for those of you with a balcony, here's a free tip...just because someone is out at 4 in the morning on their balcony on another deck, does not mean you have to have a conversation with them...I've gotten on to my dh for this, he promises to never do it again.:o

Why not just bring a travel pack of Lysol wipes? Less than $2 and very portable and easy to use - I keep it in my carryon and wipe down the 'culprits' (e.g. tv remote, phone, knobs, etc)when I get to the cabin.

As for a motion sensor bathroom night light - that will only turn on when you GET into the bathroom - how about getting there in the dark? I usually use my booklight - when finished reading at night I generally put book and booklight on night table and if I have to visit washroom at night I use the teeny tiny booklight to light my path and in the bathroom - works great.

I think I have also seen some travel alarms that can double as a night light....

I also take a nice carryon that doubles as my beachbag in ports - saves on packing another 'thing' to use.....

Lysol wipes do not kill nourovirus. Bleach does. I have never found wipes that actually contain chlorinated bleach. I've read the containers carefully. So I asked a doctor and he agreed with me. Use something with bleach. Just be careful to not get it on anything of importance like clothes.

For those of you who have a balcony room but forget the bungy cord, the lanyards given out will work too., make a loop out of the clip aroung the door handle, and stretch the lanyard over the bold thing on the top of the divider...works great! :p

Oh...also, for those of you with a balcony, here's a free tip...just because someone is out at 4 in the morning on their balcony on another deck, does not mean you have to have a conversation with them...I've gotten on to my dh for this, he promises to never do it again.:o

I hate having a conversation while I am renewing my membership for the balcony club...:eek: Some people just have no manners!!

I second the door stickers --- or any other door decorations, especially if traveling with kids! I let my little one craft a sign with his name on it or other door decorations with his name on it. It helps him to identify the correct room and it definitely brightens up the boring hallway. This time, we're going with laminated paper cut-outs of fish with our names and the trips ports of call on them.

icon11.gif

My must have is a bra stash or pouch. It's made of lingerie material and is just the right size to hold credit cards, S&S cards, and money. It attaches to your bra straps (sorry guys, you can't have one!) and is adjustable. It hardly shows at all through clothing, and doesn't show if you have a deep enough cleavage to hide it in. It easily hand washes, preferably when not wearing it!

I wore mine on our 26 day B2B Transatlantic/Mediterranean cruise on the Carnival Freedom. It saved dfrom having to carry a purse on excursions and held some travelers checks and a full color copy of my passport pages (1st 2) as well in case of strandings.

It was much more comfortable than wearing a lanyard, and as I told my DH, I would definitely know if someone tried to pick my pocket!

Archived