Refrigerators in Carnival Cabins

teacher2cruiser

Probably because when they were originally installed, they were stocked and locked. If you didn't want to let anyone (Kids) raiding them, you kept them locked. Now that they don't stock them anymore, they leave them unlocked and technically, the doors could and should be removed so that they don't have to work so hard.

leave the wooden doors propped open and they work reasonably well keeping stuff cold

True ! RWolver gave the correct answer ;) with the exception some of those doors didn't have locks on them .

So Why not a door fad this morning . Gotta keep those CC members reading ;)

This is 9 years old.
Lol, I've never paid attention to the dates.

Not even thought about how outdated the info may be.

NOW I'll certainly make sure and check First...

Thank you for calling that out! :)

[emoji924]️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Lol, I've never paid attention to the dates.

Not even thought about how outdated the info may be.

NOW I'll certainly make sure and check First...

Thank you for calling that out! :)

Not really outdated. People have been complaining about the fridges for years

Not really outdated. People have been complaining about the fridges for years
Well' date=' mine was a blanket statement re old threads vs newer ones, that indeed have been outdated. But I do understand what you're saying re this thread. Lol we've not yet had a fridge problem. 'Course we're still languishing with the shiny, not yet to the stone ;)

[emoji924']️ Cruisin Trkrs [emoji597]

Well, mine was a blanket statement re old threads vs newer ones, that indeed have been outdated. But I do understand what you're saying re this thread. Lol we've not yet had a fridge problem. 'Course we're still languishing with the shiny, not yet to the stone ;)

Actually do like to see old threads. Reminds me of cruisers no longer posting here some of whom we made friends with on cruises

On the Magic earlier this month, the cabinet had vents built in so you didn’t have to leave the cabinet door ajar. The fridges in my room and my mom’s room (we had interior rooms) kept water reasonably cool. My sister had an Ocean Suite but her fridge didn’t work well. Carnival tried to fix it several times but ended up giving her a free dinner at the Steakhouse in compensation. Fridges were empty when we arrived in room.

Edited by DanvilleCruiser
forgot a detail

On the Magic earlier this month, the cabinet had vents built in so you didn’t have to leave the cabinet door ajar. The fridges in my room and my mom’s room (we had interior rooms) kept water reasonably cool. My sister had an Ocean Suite but her fridge didn’t work well. Carnival tried to fix it several times but ended up giving her a free dinner at the Steakhouse in compensation. Fridges were empty when we arrived in room.

All of them have vents and they are highly ineffective. Open the cabinet door and it’s night and day difference. You can feel the heat that’s trapped in the cabinet even with the vents as soon as you open it.

All of them have vents and they are highly ineffective. Open the cabinet door and it’s night and day difference. You can feel the heat that’s trapped in the cabinet even with the vents as soon as you open it.

Since it must use more powder to run fridge with door closed wonder why they didnt just remove the stupid door years ago

Since it must use more powder to run fridge with door closed wonder why they didnt just remove the stupid door years ago

No idea. Once they quit stocking the minibars and no longer had a need for it to lock, the doors should have came off. I would think that may help a little bit with weight and fuel as well but I’m not sure. There just isn’t a point to the door anymore.