Sky Questions

goincrusin07

Can anyone help?

We will be sailing on the Sky in March and I have a couple of questions.

Who is the cruise director?

Do they usually have the Quest on these short cruises?

What about the Choclate buffet do they have it on a short cruise?

When docked in the Bahamas is there something to do within walking distance? ( Shopping etc.)

Any information would be greatly appriciated.

:)

Thank you

We sailed on the Sky in December we did a B2B 3 then 4 night. Ah I forgot the Cruise Directors name, he was just okay. They did have the Quest...no chocolate buffet. In Nassau a lot of shopping is in walking distance, so is senor frogs.

They had the White Hot Party & The Toga party.

I will add to those questions :o How far is the Atlantis hotel from where you dock, how do you get there for shore excursions? Just trying to decide if I want to do shore excursions, or go to Atlantis on my own. Seems like there is always a lot of "hurry up and wait" for shore excursions. Would my time be better spent getting there on my own.

Can anyone help?

We will be sailing on the Sky in March and I have a couple of questions.

Who is the cruise director?

Do they usually have the Quest on these short cruises?

What about the Choclate buffet do they have it on a short cruise?

When docked in the Bahamas is there something to do within walking distance? ( Shopping etc.)

Any information would be greatly appriciated.

:)

Thank you

The cruise director was Matt Baker when we sailed the last week of November.

They did have the Quest game and I have to say I can't think of many times I have laughed harder. I saw people do things that I really would have never believed had I not seen them with my own eyes. :eek:

We did not see a Chocolate Buffet and I am sure that knowing my husband, if there was one, we would have been first in line.

In the Bahamas, it is a very short walk into town (after you run the gambit through the crowd of taxi drivers, tour guides, and hair braiders) and there is a load of shopping right there. You can also catch a water taxi to Paradise Island right there as well.

They did have both the white party and the toga party when we were on board.

Hope this helps - enjoy your cruise!

I will add to those questions :o How far is the Atlantis hotel from where you dock, how do you get there for shore excursions? Just trying to decide if I want to do shore excursions, or go to Atlantis on my own. Seems like there is always a lot of "hurry up and wait" for shore excursions. Would my time be better spent getting there on my own.

You definately cant walk there. A taxi is the best way to go. If your doing a shore excursion with the ship they take you there. I would do a taxi unless the shore excursion the ship offers you is the way you want to go.

In the Bahamas, it is a very short walk into town (after you run the gambit through the crowd of taxi drivers, tour guides, and hair braiders) and there is a load of shopping right there.

That can be a little overwhelming. If you prefer that they don't approach you, just keep your eyes straight ahead and walk through like you know exactly where you're going (even if you don't!).

Thank you for all of the great information. We were able to attend the choclate buffet on the Spirit a few years ago but we are traveling with family and friends this time and I am so excited that they have the Quest. That is a must for a night full of fun! Also the infomation on Atlantis is great. Not sure what we will all do when we arrive at the islands. Just can't wait to go!

Thanks again.

The cruise director was Matt Baker when we sailed the last week of November.

They did have the Quest game and I have to say I can't think of many times I have laughed harder. I saw people do things that I really would have never believed had I not seen them with my own eyes. :eek:

We did not see a Chocolate Buffet and I am sure that knowing my husband, if there was one, we would have been first in line.

In the Bahamas, it is a very short walk into town (after you run the gambit through the crowd of taxi drivers, tour guides, and hair braiders) and there is a load of shopping right there. You can also catch a water taxi to Paradise Island right there as well.

They did have both the white party and the toga party when we were on board.

Hope this helps - enjoy your cruise!

Can anyone tell me what the Quest game and the white and toga parties are?

Archived