Native Way/Rum Point question

wannuhcruise

I see that lunch is included...what's good at Rum Point for lunch? I'm planning on bringing some extra $$ for a mudslide..or two. ;)

The jerk Chicken and the Mahi Mahi Sandwich are very good. The french fries are also excellent, or was it that I was eating them in paradise. The place is beautiful, enjoy.

I would second the recommendation for the mahi mahi sandwhich and fries. It was excellent.

If you haven't tried a mojito, I would recommend that too. (I didn't drink mine when we were at Rum Point, but I wish I had. I had mine a couple of days later in Costa Maya and was hooked...yum). Can't go wrong with rum punch either. Have a great time!

I have a question about the RRR tour for anyone who has done it from Carnival Inspiration. I know it docks from 8am-3pm, were you able to sneak in any shopping? I understand we should get up and to the tender by 7am latest to make sure we get a ticket unless its open earlier...is that how it works on Carnival like another poster stated?

When I cruised with my parents way back when we always did the ship tours and had time afterward to shop. This just seems to be cutting it so short :(

The RR&R tour is a full day excursion so, unfortunately, there isn't any shopping time built in. You could always opt for a half day tour, but you would have to give up Rum Point in order to do it.

The RR&R excursion with NativeWays is WONDERFUL! And Rum Point is just a slice of heaven is all! Drink prices at the bar, though, are steep as I recall. I don't remember what I paid ( the beer is good! :D) but I just remember sticker shock. Also take small bills as they will make change in local currency.

Oh my! And shopping time afterward? No way! I insisted on going into ONE shop just to pick up the obligatory refrigerator magnet (which I probably could have gotten at RP) and the kids went on to the ship with our "stuff" - including my credit card, id AND s&s card! :eek: Good lord it makes my heart race and my feet sweat just remembering that little adventure!

Ok now I'm confused about something. Carnival says my ship is in Cayman from 8am to 3pm. I emailed Nativeways for some information and they said I would not be able to make their tour because last tender is at 2pm. Is this right, I thought Cayman was EST time also from what I read, or is the last tender at each port leave an hour before they say on the Carnival site?? Or did they misread my email?

Ok so I just found out that when Carnival say we're there from 8-3, we really leave at 2! So messed up :( Unfortunately that means RRR is out! I know they have a trip for stingrays from the ship but I was really hoping to get a smaller tour with more personalized service for around the same price. Anyone know of any other groups that include Stingray City and Rum Point? Also snorkling if possible, tho with the time crunch we could save that for Cozumel.

Can someone tell me if any beverage(nonalcoholic) is included in the price? Thanks

Are you asking if beverages are included on the RR&R excursion? Yes, they have water and fruit punch on the boat. I don't think there were sodas. Your (non alcoholic) drink is included with your lunch at RP, also.

I had conch fritters and they were DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELISH. Man, now my MOUTH is WATERING. :) Only 45 more weeks and I'll be back, ROFLMBO. ;) As far as price goes, I remember that the fritter plate (4 or 5 golf-ball sized fritters, a side salad) and a strawberry margarita was about $20 US.

I have a question about the RRR tour for anyone who has done it from Carnival Inspiration. I know it docks from 8am-3pm, were you able to sneak in any shopping? I understand we should get up and to the tender by 7am latest to make sure we get a ticket unless its open earlier...is that how it works on Carnival like another poster stated?

When I cruised with my parents way back when we always did the ship tours and had time afterward to shop. This just seems to be cutting it so short :(

Who were you able to book the RRR tour with while on the Inspiration? I can't find a tour that will do the rays and Rumpoint when we are on the Inspiration in March. They all say our time in port is too short.

Who were you able to book the RRR tour with while on the Inspiration? I can't find a tour that will do the rays and Rumpoint when we are on the Inspiration in March. They all say our time in port is too short.

after march 8th we gain an hour due to dst to ship time is an hour ahead of GC time so you cant do the RRR tour as it gets done at 3:15 ship time im in the same boat, we had to book the gardens,rays and star fish this time round

as for the op i ordered 3 mudslides and with the 15% automatically added on it was 35.00 us! so be careful of what you order. i had the grilled chicken with pesto and basil aioli on bobili bread and it was soooooo good!

I'm thinking of going with moby dick for stingray and snorkle or maybe the carnival one for stingray and rum point. If I do the carnival one I miss snorkling tho, but if I get to do nachi cocom I could do the snorkeling there instead. What you all think?

And I never did the rrr tour before. We had visited on a diff ship I believe but it was a long time ago.

which carnival ship were you on. I am freaking about the time issue.

The Caymans are on Eastern Standard time and DO NOT observe Daylight Savings Time (starts Mar 8th this year). If you cruise from an EST port before Mar 8 you will be on the time schedule as the Caymans. If you cruise from Galveston, NOLA, or Mobile before Mar 8 you will be one hour behind (ie: your 8:00 will be 9:00 there).

If you cruise from an Eastern time port after Mar 8 you will be one hour ahead of the Caymans (ie: your 9:00 will be their 8:00). If you cruise from G, NOLA, or M after Mar 8 you will be on the same time as Cayman.

All this assumes your ship doesn't change it's ship's time to match the time zone you happen to be in. I've heard conflicting reports as to what the ships do in that regard.

Since we're cruising out of Galveston (C. Conquest) before Mar 8, I hope we change ship's time to EST as we pass the time zone line - I'm kind of sweating a time issue myself! lol

Good Luck! Please pass it along if you get any definitive info.

Archived