Drawers, Closets, hangers???

Lynzchat

We're sailing on the Oosterdam, in one week. My FI has a question about storage of our clothes. WE are NOT in a suite, but in a balcony cabin.

• Is there sufficient closet space and available hangers for a week's worth of hanging clothes?
  • Also, what is the dresser/drawer situation in these cabins?

Thanks so much for helping!

I can't speak to the facilities on the Vista-class ships, but am happy to report that I've always been able to get additional hangers on every ship I've sailed---as many as 30 extras. (I take long-ish cruises.)

Typically I sail the S- and R-class ships---inside cabin. The S-class ships have more drawer space than the R-class, but even then there is sufficient room if you fill the drawers. Between the closets and hooks in the cabin there is sufficient hanging space.

I would expect a balcony cabin for one week on a Vista ship to provide as well as steerage on an older ship for a longer cruise.

If all else fails you can store your things on the balcony! :D

Excellent question Lynzchat.

It appears that the balcony cabins on Vista ships are smaller than on the R- and S- class ships.

It does not look like there are as many closets and the dresser looks smaller.

Does anyone know for certain?

We just got home today from our cruise on the Oosterdam and will be writing a review as soon as I'm feeling better (I caught a cold onboard:( ).

We were in a BA verandah cabin (5086). There is ample closet space. I brought a ton of clothes and it was all hangar stuff. I have to admit I did bring along some extra hangars (about 5) which I used, but there were a TON of hangars. You can play around with the shelving to make the closets what you want. There is no drawer space whatsoever ... just the 2 on either side of the bed in the end table.

Personally I found the shelving in the closets to be fine instead of drawers.

Archived