Best obstructed view on Ruby Princess?

GloriaF

Pat,

You have made my day. I am booked into L104 for a Trans Atlantic cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Rome in April, 2013. I had become worried about the cabin's location. I now have seen pictures of L104 and your comments have totaly reassured me. I can't wait to get on board. Thank you SOOO much.

Dave

We wer in L104 for our cruise on Ruby this past March. Would definitely book it again. As others have said, obstruction to view is minimal. Nice to be able to see "where you're going".

Sound from treadmill runner was minimal. Only heard it once and it wasn't any louder than any of the other "shipboard noises".

I went outside one day and pressed my face up to our window to see if I could see in. I couldn't. Might be able to see in at night but the door to the deck outside is locked at night so no problem there.

Bill,

Thank you so much for the info. That is just what I needed to hear. I am now totaly pumped to move into L104. I can't wait. It sounds like a great cabin, a great ship, and a great cruise. It's going to be a long winter waiting for this trip. I have already begun to buy tour books.

Again, Bill, thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Dave

New Orleans

Edited by Mardi Gras Dave

We wer in L104 for our cruise on Ruby this past March.

I went outside one day and pressed my face up to our window to see if I could see in. I couldn't. Might be able to see in at night but the door to the deck outside is locked at night so no problem there.

Lets hope that is what happens at night.

On one of our first cruises which was on the old RC ship, Song of Norway, we had a OV that overlooked the walkway on the outdoor Promenade deck and DW was concerned that others walking out there could see in to our cabin. She sent me out there to check that out and I reported back that everything was fine as the window had a reflective coating that didn't allow the inside of our cabin to be viewed from the outside.

At that time we didn't know that the coating only worked that way if it was much brighter outside and darker in the cabin. A couple evenings later, when it was dark out, we were out strolling out on that Promenade deck and went by our cabin which had its curtain open as well as its light on and the inside was quite visible. DW just calmly said " I may have given someone quite a show over the previous few evening" and she made sure those curtain were well drawn at night from then on.

Edited by robtulipe

There is a link on the princess cc blog that shows pix of most of the obstructed cabin views...it up is maintained by Renmar and if you search for obstructed view cabins the link will come up...then you can specify the ship.

Have used it many times...excellent site...it is on page 1 of this blog now cause I just wrote something...but it does move down sometimes..

Good luck...

• 6 months later...
E633 was a great room! We had this room on our past cruise on Ruby. It was so good that my parents booked it for their upcoming cruise on the Crown, sister ship. We upgraded to balcony.

What was the obstructed view like? I am thinking of booking E701 on the Ruby for my parents

Got E701 for our friends on the Ruby next month. Do a search. There are

some pictures you will find that show absolutely no obstruction. Cat F.

Sherri

Sherri, did that turn out to be the case? No obstruction in the view from cabin E701 on the Ruby?

We were in E701 on the Emerald: NO obstruction whatsoever! This is the best "obstructed" view cabin on the ship IMHO. My photos are too large to upload into CC, but I would be happy to e-mail photos.

We were in E701 on the Emerald: NO obstruction whatsoever! This is the best "obstructed" view cabin on the ship IMHO. My photos are too large to upload into CC, but I would be happy to e-mail photos.

I'm interested in getting those pictures for my obstructed view website. Much appreciated if you can send them to me at theog99@telus.net

Thanks,

Theo

I'm interested in getting those pictures for my obstructed view website. Much appreciated if you can send them to me at theog99@telus.net

Thanks,

Theo

I just sent a photo from the window. I do have a photo standing in the cabin further back that shows the outline of the window, but the one I sent shows more of what you see right at the window. Let me know if it is ok for your website.

I just sent a photo from the window. I do have a photo standing in the cabin further back that shows the outline of the window, but the one I sent shows more of what you see right at the window. Let me know if it is ok for your website.

Thanks. I send you an email back already.

Yes, I can and will use it on my website.

Theo

Just got back from the Ruby in E633. It was listed as obstructed but wasn't. It wasn't at all noisy and very convenient to aft elevators. If we take the Ruby again and don't want a balcony, would look for that cabin.

Just got back from the Ruby in E633. It was listed as obstructed but wasn't. It wasn't at all noisy and very convenient to aft elevators. If we take the Ruby again and don't want a balcony, would look for that cabin.

Do you happen to take a picture of the view from your cabin, I would be interested to get a copy of it so I can use it on my website. If you do you can e-mail it to theog99@telus.net

Thanks, Theo

When we were on the Emerald in E701, my brother was next door in E633, also totally UNobstructed. The best part of these 2 cabins are they are both OY category. A real bargain for what you get:)

• 8 months later...
Do you happen to take a picture of the view from your cabin, I would be interested to get a copy of it so I can use it on my website. If you do you can e-mail it to theog99@telus.net

Thanks, Theo

WOW! Just found this thread and checked out your obstructed view cabin site. Great info!

We are trying to decide on an obstructed view on the Ruby and this will be very helpful. Thanks! :)

Can anyone tell me the best, as in most view from the window, obstructed view cabin on the Ruby? Thanks!

We have stayed in 414 and 416 for 3 transatlantic cruises. No obstructions at all. Same for 402, 404, 406, 412, 418, 410, 403, 405, 411, 415, 417 and 419. Also 632, 633, 701, 702, 703, 704, 709, 710, 711, 714, 717, and 718.

A few of these cabins have small railings or platforms beneath; 717 and 718 have a balcony divider on one side.

Go to https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/ to see actual photos of every view from every OBV cabin on every Princess ship. The photo of E414 on Ruby was taken by me from the Castelllo pier in Venice.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Do you have pictures of the Ruby Princes #701 on the inside of the rromm.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

Do you have a picture of the layout of the room on the inside.

Thank you in advance,

Debbie