Take the exersaucer???

mevers

I have a 10 month old going to Alaska for 7 days in May. We currenlty have a 293 sq. ft. mini suite booked.

Am I crazy for considering taking her exersaucer along??? It does collapse "flat" and have a carrying handle. I thought it might be nifty on board at dinner, in our room, etc. to keep her in one spot and entertained. Not to mention that it is hard to hold a baby all the time!

Thanks, Melissa

I agree. We didn't bring much of anything when our now 4 yr old was still a baby. She had fun exploring the room. Plus the saucer will probably be a nusance in the dining room and they probably will frown on it. Those waiters are hauling butt at dinner and you don't want anyone to not see it and trip over your child.

I agree. We didn't bring much of anything when our now 4 yr old was still a baby. She had fun exploring the room. Plus the saucer will probably be a nusance in the dining room and they probably will frown on it. Those waiters are hauling butt at dinner and you don't want anyone to not see it and trip over your child.

ITA...I don't think there's room in the DR for it, walking between tables is tight enough sometimes.

Believe me when I tell you that on our first few cruises, if I could have taken the kitchen sink, I would have. ;)

You learn to downsize pretty quickly.

I wouldn't take an exersaucer. I DID take a foldable booster chair for meal times...but a few cruises later, I didn't need that anymore either.

As much as we loved our saucer, I say a big no.. as op said, I don't think the DR will have any room and even a mini suite gets small quick once you add the crib. We had one and I can't even imagine where we'd put it except on the balcony and DS loved playing on the floor out there with us. If you want crawl around room that's safe and uncrowded, try the nightclub or lounge during the day - it's usually pretty empty.

Remember that things your child enjoys now- he may not in May. Four months is a huge amount of time in the life of a baby.

If your child is going to be 10 months old at the time of the sailing- he will be crawling and pulling himself up. For the most part this isn't an issue in the cabin. There aren't many things that they can get into.

I traveled with my son, then 7 months and also a 10 month old and both were content to just explore their surroundings. Things like pulling themselves up and exploring. They were both content to sit in the high chairs and people watch. There is alot of stimulation on the ship.

If you can arrange for an incabin babysitter at dinner I would highly recommend it. Most parents are sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop- or fork, spoon, sippy cup during dinner. Why not have a couple hours of adult conversation and fine dining?

You will find that 10 months is easy overall but sometimes (as in the case of the 10 month old I traveled with) they get overstimulated and are spent by dinner time. They aren't in any mood to get dressed for dinner in the cute clothes you've brought.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a kitchen-sink-bringer, and I think if you do a search under "saucer" I remember someone who brought theirs and was happy they did, but I still agree with the others that it's not versatile enough to be worthwhile. I did bring bouncie seats for my twins when they were 13 months old, and I was happy to have them. If you're driving to the port and your child absolutely loves it, you can always slap a luggage tag on it and keep it under your bed when not in use - but I do think you'll find you won't really need it.

Best,

Mia

Archived