La Bombonera and El Morro

coast2coast

Hi!

We will be arriving in San Juan on Friday and would like to have breakfast on Saturday morning at La Bombonera and then visit El Morro. Here's what we're hoping to do... I was wondering if some of the "locals" can tell me if this might work?

1. We're staying at Marriott Courtyard in Miramar... hoping to take bus into Old San Juan around 7:30/8:00 a.m. for breakfast. Any idea which stop we'd get off at to get to La Bombonera? What time does the cafe open?

2. How far of a walk would it be from La Bombonera to El Morro?

3. We plan to visit the fort for 60-90 minutes or so and then take the bus back to the hotel. How close is the nearest bus stop to the fort? Is there a link to the bus system so we know which route(s) to look for?

4. Also, any idea what a taxi should cost for 3 of us and luggage (1 a piece) from hotel to PanAmerican pier?

Thanks for any info!!! Can't wait until Friday!!!

Hi!

We will be arriving in San Juan on Friday and would like to have breakfast on Saturday morning at La Bombonera and then visit El Morro. Here's what we're hoping to do... I was wondering if some of the "locals" can tell me if this might work?

1. We're staying at Marriott Courtyard in Miramar... hoping to take bus into Old San Juan around 7:30/8:00 a.m. for breakfast. Any idea which stop we'd get off at to get to La Bombonera? What time does the cafe open?

!!!

the bus leaves you at the main terminal located in the historic district, it does not go around the district. you need to walk from the terminal to the street where la bombonera is located.

Hi!

2. How far of a walk would it be from La Bombonera to El Morro?

3. We plan to visit the fort for 60-90 minutes or so and then take the bus back to the hotel. How close is the nearest bus stop to the fort? Is there a link to the bus system so we know which route(s) to look for?

4. Also, any idea what a taxi should cost for 3 of us and luggage (1 a piece) from hotel to PanAmerican pier?

Thanks for any info!!! Can't wait until Friday!!!

we stayed at this hotel and also used the buses

You need to have correct changes (M1- $.50, A5 $.75)

Fron hotel to old San Juan - from hotel to your right passed gas station there a bus stop get on there to San Juan. The bus ended in old San Juan some bus drop you off inside the bus teminal some will drop you off near san cristalbal just up the hill, if you walk down just a little you will see the pier

to get back to the hotel, go in side the terminal (look for Western Bank building you will see the buses coming out) waiting on 1st bench the one that close to the stair or exit, the bus will pull up

to get off to your hotel, once the bus went over the bridge you then ring the bell (pull the string) you will get off near puerblo across street from your hotel, if during the day you can see Domino on your right and ring the bell, at nitht you can't see Domino

Archived