When does OBC show up?

dos equis

Hi Everyone. I have a cruise booked for this May on the Jade. I booked through a travel agent for the first time (every other cruise I've booked directly through the cruise line). I've been able to log onto NCL.com and put in my information, but I'm just wondering how to see if the $300 OBC my TA promised me will really be there. The only "confirmation" I have thus far is an email from her saying I will receive $300 per stateroom. The final payment is due next month.

I've heard horror stories of people getting on board and their credit never showing up and I just want to avoid any thought of that. So when do you know if your OBC is going to be on your account? After final payment? Is there a way to see it on NCL's website? I tried to do a search for this question but it's kind of specific and I couldn't find an answer. Thanks for all of your help.

When you make final payment it should show up on your confirmation e-mail. Print this and take a copy of this on your cruise along with your edocs(which by the way, it will not show up on your edocs which fellow CC'ers assure me this is OK, as long as you bring your final payment confirmation e-mail) Hope this helps!

Kathy

It may not even show up on your email confirmation if the OBC is part of a TA promotion versus an NCL one. That's the case with my booking for a Jewel cruise in September. Originally, I booked it directly with NCL and received a $300 OBC, which did show up in the emailed PDF confirmation that they send out. However, last month, a TA that I have used several times before ran a great promotion that I couldn't pass up - exact same ship, sailing and category with $600 OBC. So, I cancelled my original booking and rebooked through the TA. However, since my new booking involves a combination of NCL OBC and TA OBC, the only confirmation that I have received (and will receive) is an email confirmation from the TA. I'll just have to cross my fingers that there won't be some sort of paperwork screw-up between now and September.

It may not even show up on your email confirmation if the OBC is part of a TA promotion versus an NCL one. That's the case with my booking for a Jewel cruise in September. Originally, I booked it directly with NCL and received a $300 OBC, which did show up in the emailed PDF confirmation that they send out. However, last month, a TA that I have used several times before ran a great promotion that I couldn't pass up - exact same ship, sailing and category with $600 OBC. So, I cancelled my original booking and rebooked through the TA. However, since my new booking involves a combination of NCL OBC and TA OBC, the only confirmation that I have received (and will receive) is an email confirmation from the TA. I'll just have to cross my fingers that there won't be some sort of paperwork screw-up between now and September.

Can't you request paperwork from your TA that has the OBC listed so you dont have to worry about it?

Op the OBC is usually listed on the email confirmation they send you after booking, it should be on the left side of the pdf mail.

Can't you request paperwork from your TA that has the OBC listed so you dont have to worry about it?

The TA did send me an email confirmation with the OBC confirmed, but that's all I'm getting (i.e., nothing from NCL directly).

Hi Everyone. I have a cruise booked for this May on the Jade. I booked through a travel agent for the first time (every other cruise I've booked directly through the cruise line). I've been able to log onto NCL.com and put in my information, but I'm just wondering how to see if the $300 OBC my TA promised me will really be there. The only "confirmation" I have thus far is an email from her saying I will receive $300 per stateroom. The final payment is due next month.

I've heard horror stories of people getting on board and their credit never showing up and I just want to avoid any thought of that. So when do you know if your OBC is going to be on your account? After final payment? Is there a way to see it on NCL's website? I tried to do a search for this question but it's kind of specific and I couldn't find an answer. Thanks for all of your help.

your agent should have gotten an invoice (via email) from NCL as soon as the cruise was booked. On it, the OBC is listed. However, if she says you have it, that is all you really need. Do make sure, when you make final payment she sends you the guest copy of the NCL email. It is just a good idea to have it directly from the cruise line. I have to admit, as a TA I do not always send the one I get from the cruise line, we have our own invoice forms.

Nita

John, I didn't think about the possiblity of it being a TA promo. I was just thinking about what we get from the cruise line.

Nita

Archived