"Live" from Adventure of the Seas - January 15 - 25

Buyreallylow........thanks for writing such a wonderful account of the cruise. I was on this cruise and even found myself in the picture you took at the meet and mingle. Actually I am behind someone but I can see my hubby and my friend, Marsha perfectly. We had the best time of our lives. Like you, we traveled with another couple and it turned out to be a great experience. We know each other so well and we just laughed until we could laugh no more. We did most things together not because we had to but because we wanted to. I wish I had met more CC people but it was not to be this time around. Often it is easier for "internet types" to be a little shyer when it comes to meeting people face to face.

Thanks again for your blog! I loved being able to relive the Adventure on the Sea's once more.

Now back to reality for me :)

Tammy

Buyreallylow........thanks for writing such a wonderful account of the cruise. I was on this cruise and even found myself in the picture you took at the meet and mingle. Actually I am behind someone but I can see my hubby and my friend, Marsha perfectly. We had the best time of our lives. Like you, we traveled with another couple and it turned out to be a great experience. We know each other so well and we just laughed until we could laugh no more. We did most things together not because we had to but because we wanted to. I wish I had met more CC people but it was not to be this time around. Often it is easier for "internet types" to be a little shyer when it comes to meeting people face to face.

Thanks again for your blog! I loved being able to relive the Adventure on the Sea's once more.

Now back to reality for me :)

Tammy

Your very welcome!! Being shy is OK - it is the bombastic ones that we sometimes wish would be more shy! :)

Until the next time we meet on the sea,

BRL

Buyreallylow - Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Now I'm even more excited about my October AOS cruise. Will it ever get here?!

I was wondering if you could post the daily Compass and perhaps other items such as SPA ads, etc. I know lots of people are looking forward to seeing those.

Buyreallylow - Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Now I'm even more excited about my October AOS cruise. Will it ever get here?!

I was wondering if you could post the daily Compass and perhaps other items such as SPA ads, etc. I know lots of people are looking forward to seeing those.

I can work on getting my Compasses scanned - I did not keep the other materials (like the Ad stuffers that are in each Compass), so I will not be able to share them. Sorry.

It will be October in less than a blink. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic that you'll be able to keep in contact and make the preparation and anticipation for AOS in October even more wonderul!

BRL

Hi BRL :)

I have a quick question: I went back to re-read your review (because it is SOOOO amazing!!!) and I noticed when you spoke about your first evening at the Stellaris, you mentioned that you went into the Concierge Lounge for a few drinks....is there actually a Concierge Lounge at the Stellaris? I too am staying on points for 3 nights in a few weeks (I am Silver Elite with Marriott Rewards) but have never heard about a Concierge floor/lounge at the Stellaris. If you could let me know, that would be great! :)

Less than 3 weeks 'til I am reunited with my favorite ship! :D

I can work on getting my Compasses scanned - I did not keep the other materials (like the Ad stuffers that are in each Compass), so I will not be able to share them. Sorry.

BRL

THANK YOU! :D You are a wonderful human being!!! Although patience isn't one of my strong points, I'll do my best...

I have a quick question: I went back to re-read your review (because it is SOOOO amazing!!!) and I noticed when you spoke about your first evening at the Stellaris, you mentioned that you went into the Concierge Lounge for a few drinks....is there actually a Concierge Lounge at the Stellaris? I too am staying on points for 3 nights in a few weeks (I am Silver Elite with Marriott Rewards) but have never heard about a Concierge floor/lounge at the Stellaris. If you could let me know, that would be great! :)

There is a Conceirge floor at the Stellaris and a Concierge Lounge. Either your Marriott Status, or if you purchase a room with access, will allow you in. The outdoor deck that faces the city and looks up the coast is a wonderful spot to relax with a drink or snack. It's a pretty busy place in the mornings, when they serve a continental breakfast.

Hope you enjoy!

BRL

Hi Robyn,

I think you have to be platinum or you have to purchase the room with the access (mucho $$$$). We were also silver elite last May and did not get access.

I have read your "Live" report at least three times and enjoy it more each time that I read it! You have a real knack for writing! Thanks again for your wonderful re-cap as well as the wonderful pictures.

This may sound like a silly question...would you be kind enough to let us know what the return cruiser gift onboard was?

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

Thank you so much, BRL, for the review, pics and insights! Best I have Read!

Are you planning on expanding on the infor you recieved on AOS dry dock at some point? Trying to decide between SOS and AOS for 11/09 cruise. Looking foreward to the rest of your posts!

Our cruise on the AOS is on April 19th 2009. I emailed to check on the drydock situation and RCCL emailed me back and said AOS will dry dock after our cruise. So we return April 26th . She will go into dry dock then, according to RCCL.

Hi Robyn,

I think you have to be platinum or you have to purchase the room with the access (mucho $$$$). We were also silver elite last May and did not get access.

Thanks Maggie :) Not Platinum with Marriott....yet :rolleyes:

For those who sailed with us, I know we left 4 passengers back in Curacao, and that we were waiting on 20+ passengers at St. Martin. Does anyone know if we left without some passengers in St. Martin also? Some people on our taxi in st. thomas said we left 28 somewhere, but I thought that number was too high to be anything but rumor. As the captain says, "don't challenge him" like those 4 did, who we left behind!

For those who sailed with us, I know we left 4 passengers back in Curacao, and that we were waiting on 20+ passengers at St. Martin. Does anyone know if we left without some passengers in St. Martin also? Some people on our taxi in st. thomas said we left 28 somewhere, but I thought that number was too high to be anything but rumor. As the captain says, "don't challenge him" like those 4 did, who we left behind!

Nope - no information - just heard his warning, but no talk of those left behind. 20+ does sound like a really big number.

Thanks again for the great insight into your trip! My wife is wondering if there is still a laundry room with ironing boards, or if the only way to get shirts and stuff ironed is paying for the service.

Also, are there hair dryers in the cabins?

Nope - no information - just heard his warning, but no talk of those left behind. 20+ does sound like a really big number.

We heard a rumor that we left 17 or 19 behind in Curacao on the 1/25/09 sailing. No clue if it was fact or fiction, but I'm inclined to believe fiction since only one person (the one who told me about it) had heard it.

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to let you know that Darrell and I finally got around to reading your review of your cruise. You have a wonderful way with words that makes the reader want to experience what you have experienced.

Also wanted to let you, Jackie, Amy and Scott know that for our first cruise we had been blessed with having you as our tablemates. All of you were great! We definetly consider all of you to be friends. Thanks for all your insight into the pros and cons of cruising. We will definetly be taking another cruise in the near future with our friends Carl and Cathy and hopefully we will cross paths with all of you again.

Darrell and Jane Bohannon

aka - cv's no more

Thanks again for the great insight into your trip! My wife is wondering if there is still a laundry room with ironing boards, or if the only way to get shirts and stuff ironed is paying for the service.

We just got off AOS on Sunday. There was a hair dryer in the drawer. No laundry room and irons are not allowed in the rooms. The laundry service was pretty reasonable. Debbie

I have read your "Live" report at least three times and enjoy it more each time that I read it! You have a real knack for writing! Thanks again for your wonderful re-cap as well as the wonderful pictures.

This may sound like a silly question...would you be kind enough to let us know what the return cruiser gift onboard was?

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

The beloved Hat. We've run out of people to give them to, so we left them behind.

Hi Bill' date='

Just wanted to let you know that Darrell and I finally got around to reading your review of your cruise. You have a wonderful way with words that makes the reader want to experience what you have experienced.

Also wanted to let you, Jackie, Amy and Scott know that for our first cruise we had been blessed with having you as our tablemates. All of you were great! We definetly consider all of you to be friends. Thanks for all your insight into the pros and cons of cruising. We will definetly be taking another cruise in the near future with our friends Carl and Cathy and hopefully we will cross paths with all of you again.

Darrell and Jane Bohannon

aka - cv's no more[/quote']

If Carl and Cathy can convince you to go on Serenade this next January, we just may see you again!!

Thank you for your kind words. Both Jackie and I enjoyed meeting you both - you added a wonderful spark to our experience.

Be well - keep in touch!! I'm always around these threads....

BRL (Bill)

No laundry room or ironing boards on RCCL ships. Yes, there is a Hair Dryer in each cabin, normally in one of the drawers in the main cabin, not in the bathroom.

Archived