Meet and Greet through NCL

CGinMTL

Has anyone ever set up the CC meet and greet through the ship ?

I have set up 2 " informal" by just picking a time and place and I am 2/2 to pick the location of the art auction. I am trying to set up another for the STAR 1st week of March...... any suggestions

Just email groupeventstar@ncl.com and let them know you'd like to setup a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet and approximately how many your expecting to attend. Make sure you include your sail date as they respond based on time of sailing (I include the sail date in the subject line and the nody of the email). I also generally provide my cabin info and Latitudes number, though I don't think either is a necessity.

The Group Event Coordinator will get back to you with a time and place. Usually it's done the 1st day at sea late morning (10:30 or 11am). NCL is generally very good about having senior officers make an appearance for Cruise Critic M&Gs.

Also, I think they generally only like to set these up for you about two or three weeks ahead of time. Have you checked the roll call board to see if anyone has something going already for your sailing? I hate to ask that as I am sure you have.. but just incase...

Is there a minimum number of guests attending for there to be a NCL sponsored Meet and Greet? Our roll call is pretty small at this point - sailing March 28, 2009. We're just starting to talk about setting one up, and hoping more folks join the roll call too!

Thanks!

Silc

Is there a minimum number of guests attending for there to be a NCL sponsored Meet and Greet? Our roll call is pretty small at this point - sailing March 28, 2009. We're just starting to talk about setting one up, and hoping more folks join the roll call too!

Thanks!

Silc

We only had about 12 for our M&G on the Gem last June, but it was still a great time and the officers that showed were awesome.

Thanks!

Silc

Silc.. I have noticed that some are small.. and some are huge.. never have figured out why they vary so much. I have read on here there is a minimum they want, and others have said there is no minimum. As it gets closer to the cruise you will probably have more "sign up" for the M&G, so you might end up with a nice turn out after all.. 8-)

DH & I have helped organize several CC meetings on NCL ships over the past few years by contacting the group event coordinator on the ship we will be cruising. A couple of the earlier meetings had only 8 to 12 attending but the meetings we've held over the past 2 or 3 yars have had many more attending.

I normally contact the coordinator about 3 months before the cruise asking for a place, date and time and tell the coordinator at that time how many are on our roll call. As the cruise gets closer, I send updates regarding how many are planning to attend so that the coordinator can coordinate with the ship about the proposed size of the group.

Last two CC meetings we've helped coordinate actually had a few brand new CC members attend who had just found our roll call the day before they left for the cruise.

Have fun getting your group together and enjoy your cruise.

Dianne

Silc - It seemed like our 2/15/09 roll call was stagnant and our meet and greet would be tiny and then BAM, it has recently grown. I think we are up to 22 now. I though for the longest we would have only 6 or 8. And there is still a month to go FROM TODAY - Whoo-hoo.

Just email groupeventstar@ncl.com and let them know you'd like to setup a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet and approximately how many your expecting to attend. Make sure you include your sail date as they respond based on time of sailing (I include the sail date in the subject line and the nody of the email). I also generally provide my cabin info and Latitudes number, though I don't think either is a necessity.

The Group Event Coordinator will get back to you with a time and place. Usually it's done the 1st day at sea late morning (10:30 or 11am). NCL is generally very good about having senior officers make an appearance for Cruise Critic M&Gs.

Does this coordinator do all the ships, or is this one only for the Star? We are on the Pearl in May and I will be setting up a meet and greet. Thanks for the help!

Does this coordinator do all the ships, or is this one only for the Star? We are on the Pearl in May and I will be setting up a meet and greet. Thanks for the help!

E-mail groupeventpearl@ncl.com. The current coordinator responded very promptly to my initial inquiry and when I followed-up with a second e-mail she replied very promptly also.

The Coordinator varies by ship. Just insert your shipname in the email address in place of "star".

i.e. groupeventshipname@ncl.com or in your case groupeventpearl@ncl.com

a great meet and greet on the Jewel over new years. Keep in mind though that 45 people asked me to print name tags for them and about 12 showed up - all great people and it was fun to talk to them throughout the week - but our active roll call didn't reflect the numbers that we had!

Again, Kudos to the officer and crew that showed up - they were very informational and were eager to listen to what we had to say as well.

The Coordinator varies by ship. Just insert your shipname in the email address in place of "star".

i.e. groupeventshipname@ncl.com or in your case groupeventpearl@ncl.com

I tried that and it bounced. So I sent it to the "Star" e-mail address and asked if they could direct me to the correct person.

Hopefully I will hear something soon. 4 months to go!! YEAH!!!

• 1 month later...

Just got back from our Cruise. The meet and greet was really nice.

They had about 8-9 officers ( the heads of almost all dept). Even the Captain attended. It was really nice. Thanks for your help in setting this up.

Archived