What are the best beaches and or tours on these islands from your past experiences?

BoPippy

Holy Moley! Go to the ports of call boards for each island and start researching. I've been to all the islands but wouldn't know where to begin.

There are also great ports of call books that will give you much info re each island. Use that info along with what you find here and plan your stops ahead of time. I wouldn't use ANY ship excursions for a beach day. It's simple to do the research and then cab it to the area on your own. You'll save a ton and be able to come and go as you please.

Just a couple notes....

Montego Bay... this is one place I would do a ship excursion. Or really plan everything out. This stop can be stressful with the VERY pushy cab and tour bus drivers.

On Cayman, there are a few really nice public beaches further down 7 mile beach which will be less crowded. Hop a cab. Take cash to rent a chair, locker and maybe buy drinks. Fantastic white sand.

The "Baths" can be very crowded depending on how many ships are in Tortola. It was okay for us as our ship had Virgin Gorda as a tendering stop, so we didn't have to ferry and could go back to the ship on our schedule.

Samana is a trip to the beach island..."Cayo L. " Otherwise stay on the ship.

Antigua has over 300 nice beaches.

St. Lucia..take a ride to the Pitons with a stop at the beach. Beautiful lush island.

We did an excursion through ShoreTrips.com here a couple of years ago. We started out taking relatively small boats out to Great Bird Island. This small, uninhabited island has the most beautiful views - absolutely incredible. We snapped an enormous number of photos because it seemed like everywhere you turned, you were looking a a picture post card.

Then we went just off shore for some really good (not great, but good) snorkeling.

After snorkeling, the boats took us to a floating dock where we all got in kayaks and explored the coastline. Lots of fun.

It was one of my all time favorite excursions - and I'm taking my eighth cruise in the Caribbean this weekend!

ENJOY!

Archived