Visa Card OBC and MTD

esbie11

I currently have $300 worth of OBC from my Visa Card. If MTD becomes available for my sailing, I will have to pre-pay gratuities. So, is there any way I can use some of my OBC to pre-pay for gratuities, or can you only use OBC once you are actually on the ship? And if it is possible to do this, how do I do it? I know how to "cash in" my points and get the OBC certificate, but if I have a TA will she be able to apply my OBC, or will I have to call RCCL directly...and will they even talk to me about this or will I be thrown back to my TA? Sorry if this was confusing:o

The OBC is for use on the ship only. You won't be able to use it for pre payments or anythimg ordered ahead of time.

I know what you said is fact, but does MTD require prepaying gratuities before boarding? I frequently charge my gratuities to my seapass card on day 1 or 2, which the OBC would help.

Thanks. And will I get any unused OBC back in cash or just in OBC?

If I ever come out ahead, I'll let you know :) For Freedom I went in with $250 OBC, and only ended up owing around $300 at the end of the 7 day. I'm going into a 5 day Navigator cruise with $250 OBC again. However, my wife has lost 100+ pounds and I will probably be down 50+ pounds so I expect she will buy every photo available. :D

I know what you said is fact, but does MTD require prepaying gratuities before boarding? I frequently charge my gratuities to my seapass card on day 1 or 2, which the OBC would help.

I assumed that you would need to pay them once you change to MTD. But maybe it is possible to be "signed up" for MTD ahead of time but not actually pay the pre-paid gratuities until you board?

I currently have $300 worth of OBC from my Visa Card. If MTD becomes available for my sailing, I will have to pre-pay gratuities. So, is there any way I can use some of my OBC to pre-pay for gratuities, or can you only use OBC once you are actually on the ship? And if it is possible to do this, how do I do it? I know how to "cash in" my points and get the OBC certificate, but if I have a TA will she be able to apply my OBC, or will I have to call RCCL directly...and will they even talk to me about this or will I be thrown back to my TA? Sorry if this was confusing:o

I assumed that you would need to pay them once you change to MTD. But maybe it is possible to be "signed up" for MTD ahead of time but not actually pay the pre-paid gratuities until you board?

Hi there.............maybe I can add some information for you.

If MTD is available on your cruise and you sign up for it prior to boarding you will have to pre-pay your gratuities which should be reflected on your final invoice from RCI. So your OBC will be of no help.

However, if MTD is offered, on the day of embarkation, you can go directly to the Main DR and sign up for it then. They can tell you at this time if there is space available for your time preference. You will have to sign a form to pre-pay your gratuities, but it will be added to your SeaPass Account so your OBC from your Visa points will be available to cover the charge.

You do not have to get your TA involved with your Visa Points. Once you have your certificate(s) you can call the RCI Coupon Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626. They will ask you for your booking number, sailing date and certificate(s) number and how you want them applied.

Once you have done this, fill out the certificate(s), MAKE A COPY, and mail to the address shown for verification purposes. Take the copy with you just in case. Your OBC should show up by day 2 of your cruise.

Hope this helps...................and have a great cruise.

I have MTD dining on my reservation. They put it on, but no I didn't pre-pay gratuities, because it just became available.

Their answer was to call reservations. Reservations states there is no MTD available yet..LOL, so who am I going to pre-pay? ;)

So I printed out my email and will take it to the ship with me. At that point iit s just going to be charged onto my seapass anyway.

I have $400 obc, and I was using it anyway for my gratuities. I prefer to leave them on the seapass. I can't be bothered counting out tips into envelopes. The people we feel deserve more, we just hand them cash at the end.

Archived