medical insurance/ship's doctor?

MamaParrotHead

Hi, I do not know about all of the cruise lines and really large billing......but in our case on a cruise on RCI's LOS, the medical department did directly bill our on board account ( did not want to consider any 'land' or specifically purchased for the cruise insurance. We were reimbursed for the payment later by our medical insurance (partial) and rest was taken care of by the travel insurance (it was secondary coverage). I have no idea what would happen if the 'bill' was larger then ones credit limit with the credit card company.

Wes

I saw the ship's doctor once for an upper respiratory problem and was given an antibiotic. The charges are placed directly onto your shipboard account. I filed with my insurance company when I got home and was reimbursed at 100%. It actually ended up being less expensive than going to the doctor at home, because I did not have to pay any copays for the doctor's visit or for the prescription.

Archived