Newport Beachside Or Deauville Beach Resort ?

mr jailerman

I've seen these two hotels come up on Expedia at great rates all of the time but never considered them thinking it was too far away from anything. Am I understanding correctly that at the Deauville there is a Walgreen's and shopping area closeby. What about restaurants within walking distance? Is the bus stop closeby if you wanted to go to Lincoln Road, etc.? Are the Newport and Deauville near each other?

Thanks!

I don't think are too close to each other. I picked Newport because it was basically 1/2 way between FLL & Miami. We're flying into FLL but our ship leaves out of Miami. As most any hotel I read good & bad before I booked. Everthign said the beach was awesome & that was the main thing I was looking for. We get in pretty early so we'll have the day to enjoy the beach.

I think I saw another thread somewhere about where they were in relation to each other, by Blue Herons I think. Maybe he will see this & chime in. If you do I want to know how you did at Cooper River, we had lots from North Myrtle Beach to go down for it.

I just stayed at the Newport Beachside for a 1 night post-cruise stay. Since we were only going to be there 1 night, I booked the cheapest room; they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. It was jsut my DD & me so we each had our own room (she didn't have to listen to my snoring) It rained while we were there but the pool & beach looked wonderful.

Just be aware that there isn't too much around the resort. There is a CVS and a couple restaurants within walking distance but if you don't have a car, dining options will be limited.

BTW, it's a $52 cab ride from the Miami airport.

I just stayed at the Newport Beachside for a 1 night post-cruise stay. Since we were only going to be there 1 night, I booked the cheapest room; they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. It was jsut my DD & me so we each had our own room (she didn't have to listen to my snoring) It rained while we were there but the pool & beach looked wonderful.

Just be aware that there isn't too much around the resort. There is a CVS and a couple restaurants within walking distance but if you don't have a car, dining options will be limited.

BTW, it's a $52 cab ride from the Miami airport.

Thanks for the review. I'm glad I checked here before I booked & got a shuttle instead of a taxi. We're coming from FLL but I'm sure a cab would have been more then $12.00PP. Did you happen to see any Grocery Stores close by? I think I've read that one is across the street somewhere???

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the review. I'm glad I checked here before I booked & got a shuttle instead of a taxi. We're coming from FLL but I'm sure a cab would have been more then $12.00PP. Did you happen to see any Grocery Stores close by? I think I've read that one is across the street somewhere???

Hello! My daughter, her BF, hubby and I are booked the day before our cruise at NewPort beach resort. I have researched the area extensivly and found that across the street (and down a little) there is a shopping center with a drugstore, a chinese food place, subway sandwich shop, Einsteins bagels, Papa Johns, several resturants further down a few blocks. There is a grocery store but now cant remember if its directly across or down a ways. Im including a videos of the shopping center & also a lovely view down Collins Ave.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I will be disembarking Carnival Splendor at POM on Saturday, 7/16. I have a late flight (7pm) out of FLL. I plan to spend the day in Miami and I'm wondering how much travel time I should allow. TIA