Newport Beachside Or Deauville Beach Resort ?

mr jailerman

Newport Beachside Resort.

I don't care for Mid Beach which is where the Deauville is located.

Thank You Sir.. I just Pre-Paid for a great rate on the Newport so I am now LOCKED IN ! :D It's a One Bedroom Oceanfront Suite with Balcony. I hope it will be a nice pre-cruise stay as I will have to get to the Port of Miami two days later.. Thanks once more..

I'll be at the Newport Beachside Resort one week from today. Yay! Have never stayed there before so unfortunately at this time I can't offer any opinion. Sorry. I just wanted to comment because I'm excited to see a comment on the place we're staying. We'll be in a 2-bedroom city-view.

Edited by TMS MT

I stayed at the Deauville in September and absolutely loved it. Great location. Walgreens across the street, liquor store down the street and the bus line in front. I could not ask for anything better. The staff there was great. If we had a question or needed something, it was no issue.

I stayed at the Deauville in September and absolutely loved it. Great location. Walgreens across the street, liquor store down the street and the bus line in front. I could not ask for anything better. The staff there was great. If we had a question or needed something, it was no issue.

I am considering the Deauville also but am real leary based on the Tripadviser reviews, can you tell me if the condition of the rooms was OK? The only really good reviews comment on the hotel lobby being really nice, but most say the rooms are bad.

I'll be at the Newport Beachside Resort one week from today. Yay! Have never stayed there before so unfortunately at this time I can't offer any opinion. Sorry. I just wanted to comment because I'm excited to see a comment on the place we're staying. We'll be in a 2-bedroom city-view.

Very Nice !! :D Let me know how it is when you get back please. Some co-workers of mine have that same two bedroom city Suite you have so they would also be interested.. Have fun !! :D

When I was there is September, they were doing some room renovations. The room that we were in was nice. It was not one that was recently renovated. It had a balcony that overlooked the ocean. It was a nice size one. The room also had a safe. No issues. I was very pleased.

Stayed at the Newport in an Oceanfront about 3 years ago. We were a bit disappointed by the room (just looked a bit tired) but the view made up for it. The pool area was great for our kids and overall we enjoyed it and had a good stay.

Stayed at the Newport in an Oceanfront about 3 years ago. We were a bit disappointed by the room (just looked a bit tired) but the view made up for it. The pool area was great for our kids and overall we enjoyed it and had a good stay.

Great to hear.. I just pre-paid for a 2 night stay @ Newport for 30% off for this June, 2009. I also have an Oceanfront view.. Thanks once more..

I'll be waiting to hear back from you on this Hotel PLEASE !:D

We fly out tomorrow morning - I'm so excited! We are staying at Newport for three nights, then doing a four night cruise, then staying one more night in Miami (TownePlace Suite Doral). So I'll be back home late January 31 and will get on the computer probably the next day. I will remember to post back to this thread what I thought.

We fly out tomorrow morning - I'm so excited! We are staying at Newport for three nights, then doing a four night cruise, then staying one more night in Miami (TownePlace Suite Doral). So I'll be back home late January 31 and will get on the computer probably the next day. I will remember to post back to this thread what I thought.

Great and Thanks ! Have fun !! :D

I am considering the Deauville also but am real leary based on the Tripadviser reviews, can you tell me if the condition of the rooms was OK? The only really good reviews comment on the hotel lobby being really nice, but most say the rooms are bad.

We stayed at the Deauville in Nov and I thought it was nice. We had a renovated room with a partial ocean view (but no balcony). It's an older hotel (as are most in Miami Beach), but I think the renovations are paying off. They have a big pool and deck area and a tiki bar where you can also order food. The beach is right there, but it did have alot of seaweed (didn't matter to me for just a precruise). The main complaint was that the bars/restaurants in the hotel closed very early (bothered some of the people in our group).

But there is alot right around there, and also a Walgreens and liquor store across the street. We thought it was fine, and since we got it for only $80 thru a special on bookit dot com, I thought it was a good deal!

We returned yesterday from our cruise and we all agreed that the Newport Beachside Resort was perfect for our needs. I was nervous about it when we first got there because that night they had "South Florida's own blues legend, Joey Gilmore & Friends" playing in their Kitchen 305. It was REALLY loud and apparently annoyed the birds in the lobby because they were chirping like crazy. Between the band, the birds, and the people talking in the lobby it had a crazy, hectic feel. But the other nights we were there were much calmer. The room had an entryway with a sink in it, then the bathroom and the frontroom area. The frontroom had a bed that folds up against the wall behind the love seat so there was actually sleeping room for even more people. One bedroom had a regular door and the other had the pocket door. From the pictures I looked at on Tripadvisor the room with the pocket door looked to me to be open on one side, but what appeared to be open was actually mirrors. The frontroom and each bedroom had their own TV. We couldn't hear each other's TVs when we went to bed. One closet had a safe in it and an ironing board and iron. There was a microwave, fridge, and some dishes. They had a coffeepot along with coffee and fixings. In the frontroom area was the counter with the coffeepot. It was kinda a half-moon shaped breakfast bar with stools. The decor of the room was maybe outdated - pretty bright colors and huge patterns. There were stains on the bathroom ceiling from a previous leak problem, but we felt the room was clean. They had self-serve laundry. Our view was OK, but my husband said next time he would prefer to pay a few dollars more and have the ocean or pool view with the decks. Ours had windows, not decks. There is a little strip mall across the street that had probably four restaurants and a CVS. We didn't even go on the other side of the CVS but from our window we could see there were many more stores over there. The pool area and beach area were nice. One morning a lot of jelly fish washed up on shore. Having read here about that area having a lot of them I was a little nervous to go in the water. They did have a sign up that day warning people of them.

We booked through the Newport the boat tour that starts at Bayside and goes around all the millionnaire houses. The tour includes transportation to and from Bayside. We all enjoyed that. We took public transportation down to South Beach and spent most of Saturday there. The transportation webside said to get on the bus at a stop that was directly across the street from Bayside and down that road just a sort way. But we walked south a little bit instead and got on it there and that was good because if we had got on at the stop recommended by the website we would have taken a long loop out of our way. We used SAS transport from the airport and to the port. We were very happy with them. In both cases the driver called us at least twice to let us know his status. He was at the airport before us, but waiting outside someplace, because he had been checking the airline and our flight was running a little early.

We didn't stick around during the day at all, so didn't participate in any of Newport's daytime activities. I did bring home the activities sheet though so if anybody is interested in what they do during the day I can scan it and post it. It doesn't show anything on Sunday but they were doing stuff that morning before we left for the day.

I took a bunch of pictures of the room to share, but right now I don't have my card reader. I need to get it back from the person who has it and then I'll figure out how to post them.

Would I stay there again? Most likely we would. I liked being right on the beach, I liked that stores and restaurants were within very easy walking distance, and the place felt clean and safe to me. The only downside is the distance into downtown Miami or South Beach or Fort Lauderdale. So if you want to be near the main town action you are a ways from it, but do-able on public transportation and it would have been no problem at all if we had a rental car, but we didn't rent one until after our cruise.

We returned yesterday from our cruise and we all agreed that the Newport Beachside Resort was perfect for our needs. I was nervous about it when we first got there because that night they had "South Florida's own blues legend, Joey Gilmore & Friends" playing in their Kitchen 305. It was REALLY loud and apparently annoyed the birds in the lobby because they were chirping like crazy. Between the band, the birds, and the people talking in the lobby it had a crazy, hectic feel. But the other nights we were there were much calmer. The room had an entryway with a sink in it, then the bathroom and the frontroom area. The frontroom had a bed that folds up against the wall behind the love seat so there was actually sleeping room for even more people. One bedroom had a regular door and the other had the pocket door. From the pictures I looked at on Tripadvisor the room with the pocket door looked to me to be open on one side, but what appeared to be open was actually mirrors. The frontroom and each bedroom had their own TV. We couldn't hear each other's TVs when we went to bed. One closet had a safe in it and an ironing board and iron. There was a microwave, fridge, and some dishes. They had a coffeepot along with coffee and fixings. In the frontroom area was the counter with the coffeepot. It was kinda a half-moon shaped breakfast bar with stools. The decor of the room was maybe outdated - pretty bright colors and huge patterns. There were stains on the bathroom ceiling from a previous leak problem, but we felt the room was clean. They had self-serve laundry. Our view was OK, but my husband said next time he would prefer to pay a few dollars more and have the ocean or pool view with the decks. Ours had windows, not decks. There is a little strip mall across the street that had probably four restaurants and a CVS. We didn't even go on the other side of the CVS but from our window we could see there were many more stores over there. The pool area and beach area were nice. One morning a lot of jelly fish washed up on shore. Having read here about that area having a lot of them I was a little nervous to go in the water. They did have a sign up that day warning people of them.

We booked through the Newport the boat tour that starts at Bayside and goes around all the millionnaire houses. The tour includes transportation to and from Bayside. We all enjoyed that. We took public transportation down to South Beach and spent most of Saturday there. The transportation webside said to get on the bus at a stop that was directly across the street from Bayside and down that road just a sort way. But we walked south a little bit instead and got on it there and that was good because if we had got on at the stop recommended by the website we would have taken a long loop out of our way. We used SAS transport from the airport and to the port. We were very happy with them. In both cases the driver called us at least twice to let us know his status. He was at the airport before us, but waiting outside someplace, because he had been checking the airline and our flight was running a little early.

We didn't stick around during the day at all, so didn't participate in any of Newport's daytime activities. I did bring home the activities sheet though so if anybody is interested in what they do during the day I can scan it and post it. It doesn't show anything on Sunday but they were doing stuff that morning before we left for the day.

I took a bunch of pictures of the room to share, but right now I don't have my card reader. I need to get it back from the person who has it and then I'll figure out how to post them.

Would I stay there again? Most likely we would. I liked being right on the beach, I liked that stores and restaurants were within very easy walking distance, and the place felt clean and safe to me. The only downside is the distance into downtown Miami or South Beach or Fort Lauderdale. So if you want to be near the main town action you are a ways from it, but do-able on public transportation and it would have been no problem at all if we had a rental car, but we didn't rent one until after our cruise.

Thanks for the great review and the time to write it.. Welcome home..:)

• 2 weeks later...
Forgot to add - make sure you do take a minute to review your bill before you leave. We were charged three times for valet parking, but didn't even have a car. They took the charge off with no problem though.

The Newport sounds great! Thanks for the detailed review. We are a family of five traveling with a 2,4 and 13 year old before cruise. Spending about four days here"city view", would love to see the activity sheet you are talking about. Thanks

We stayed at the Deauville in 2006 and it was decent. The lobby and everything was really nice, the beach is great. The rooms themselves were fine. Basic, clean, decent. Not fancy but no bugs or anything like that. Pretty much holiday inn or days inn sort of place. If you are looking for fancy rooms with marble and brass you will be disappointed. But if you want a decent clean room with a great beach, its your sort of place. The location was nice too. Walgreens was literally across the street. We walked there every day. Rooms had not been renovated when we were there though. May be even nicer now.

I will scan and post the activity sheet tonight when i get home or tomorrow. I started a new thread for the pictures - it may be buried back a few pages. It would only let me post five pictures though, so I didn't post all of the ones I took. I did one of the city view and four inside pics of the 2-bedroom suite. I don't think I said on my earlier review - the pool is nicely heated. They have the bigger pool for swimming and then a real shallow pool for little kids. They also have a hot tub. We didn't sit in the hot tub, but did sit in the big pool for a while. I don't know what temp it was heated to, but it was quite warm (which I like!).

Attached is the activities schedule being handed out at Newport Beachside Resort. On their website (select Experience, Activities Schedule, View Calendar of Events) they also have a link to activities, but it doesn't show this type of stuff. In fact, for March it only shows two activities - Family Movie Night and Sunny Serenade. I hope when you click on the attachment it will bring it up full-size on your screen. If not, we'll figure something else out!

Somebody asked about the pier. When we were there January 23-26, nobody could go out on it. I had read some reviews from quite a while back that said it was closed for repairs so thought it would be open, but it was not. There was no work going on either. There was a restaurant/bar (maybe it was just a bar...) at the shore end. We peeked in but didn't go in, and could see at the very back the door that would lead onto the pier and it was padlocked shut.

63534466_NewportActivities.jpg.bdb4f74804138af99e655051d5111783.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I can add some info on the Newport.

I arrange groups of Ravens fans to away games during football season.

For the last 2 years the Ravens have played the Dolphins. I was recommended the Newport by the Dolphins. Each year we stayed 3 nights. There were over 35 people on each trip. NO ONE complained about anything to do with the hotel. Everyone loved it!!

The daily activities are wonderful for the kids.

My family also stayed her for one night prior to a cruise and have to say that we really enjoyed it.

Hope that helped..

• 1 month later...

I booked with Newport Beach resort on their web site several weeks ago. Just checked the rates yesterday & were offering a lower rate in late Oct. when we will be there. it' dropped over $30.00 for the night, if anyone wants to check it out.

I've seen these two hotels come up on Expedia at great rates all of the time but never considered them thinking it was too far away from anything. Am I understanding correctly that at the Deauville there is a Walgreen's and shopping area closeby. What about restaurants within walking distance? Is the bus stop closeby if you wanted to go to Lincoln Road, etc.? Are the Newport and Deauville near each other?

Thanks!