Caribbean/Western..Mar 1..Voyager of Seas..Galveston

I am new to the boards. We've been on Royal Caribbean ships before...I believe Rhapsody of the Seas. I would like to know about the category of the rooms....D1 vs maybe E1. A cruise agent suggested Level 8...Right at the glass elevators. I notice they have about 10sf less than the D1 rooms. I would get a Junior suite with the "guarantee" deal but we have another couple going and they want the balcony. So I would be hesitant to selec the suite ....we want to stay fairly close to each other. Any suggetions etc? Also...should we park at what I think used to be the Dolphin? We haven't been in several years....really need pointers etc.

Thanks for any info....:) Sandy

Forgot PORT...GALVESTON

Iv never heard of the Dolphin, we always park at EZCruiseparking. You can get a online rate of $50 for the week and they shuttle you to the door at the port.

I dont think it matters much between a E or D balcony, yes the E is slightly smaller, but still large enough it will be fine if you want to save a little. The advantage of a JS is you get two cruise credits. If you get assigned a suite far away from your friends, sometimes a good TA can get you moved to another JS, if any are left.

Id rather do the JS, suite guarantee, if the price is the same and take a chance on my cabin and get 2 cruise credits myself, but thats me. If being close is really important than pick a cabin you both can live with where there are two cabins close together. Deck 7 to me seems good, between two other decks of cabins.

Hey we're on the same cruise!!! YAY its almost here!!!

anyway, i would get the suite. we're going with a group and we're spread all over the boat. i don't think it will be that big of a deal. sometimes its nice to have some privacy(due to noise) versus having rooms side by side :D;)

Assuming there is a price difference between the E1/D1 and JS, the D1 is larger than the E1 balcony.

It has a full size sofa insead of a love seat. We have found this makes it much easier to novigate our way to/from the bathroom.

Of course if the JS is the same price, pick that one!!!

Sailed on the Voyager in Dec in an E1 balcony cabin on 8th deck, middle hump (behind glass elevators). We absolutely loved the cabin, great location. Difference between an E1 and D1, E1 is a little shorter, love seat instead of sofa and of course E1 is cheaper. We found it plenty large enough for 2 people and would book it again in a heart beat.

Archived