Alternate parking for the cruise at fort lauderdale?

fritzi

Remote parking for the airport?? But then you would have to take a taxi?? There are some hotels that have free cruise parking and shuttle, Comfort Inn is the cheapest one Iv seen. $159 off season rates. Nothing I know of that would really be cheaper unless you also wanted a hotel room.

There is also a new one, Park N Go, info here. They offer a free day coupon, as well as AAA rate of $10.50.

These off site companies also fix flats and jump start your car if you arrive to find a dead battery.

If you haven't discovered it, there is a whole forum dedicated to Florida departure questions, found here. You might post your question there to obtain additional info. Have a great cruise!

We recently used Park n Go at the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port, I thought the service was great, we went on a 9 night, and we paid 10.50 a night for 7 nights, because the 1st and 7th night is free. They had a few shuttles running, so there was no wait at all, as soon as we pulled in, the shuttle pulled up, and helped load our luggage and we were on our way. The driver unloaded our luggage when we arrived at the port. When we returned, we called as soon as we got our luggage, and they were there within 5 min. the driver loaded our luggage and took us back to our car, and helped us load it. I was standing outside our car calling a friend in the area that we had planned on meeting, and a nice young man from the entrance booth, came right over and asked if everything was ok, I told him yes I was just getting directions from my friend, and he said I can give you easy directions if you want, so he did and they were great and easy to follow. When you pay as you leave, they give you a USA today paper, and ice cold bottles of water. It was great, and would use them again.

We recently used Park n Go at the Ft. Lauderdale cruise port, I thought the service was great, we went on a 9 night, and we paid 10.50 a night for 7 nights, because the 1st and 7th night is free. They had a few shuttles running, so there was no wait at all, as soon as we pulled in, the shuttle pulled up, and helped load our luggage and we were on our way. The driver unloaded our luggage when we arrived at the port. When we returned, we called as soon as we got our luggage, and they were there within 5 min. the driver loaded our luggage and took us back to our car, and helped us load it. I was standing outside our car calling a friend in the area that we had planned on meeting, and a nice young man from the entrance booth, came right over and asked if everything was ok, I told him yes I was just getting directions from my friend, and he said I can give you easy directions if you want, so he did and they were great and easy to follow. When you pay as you leave, they give you a USA today paper, and ice cold bottles of water. It was great, and would use them again.

Do you tip them?

JMPkeno - Is the Park n'Go right at the cruise terminal. Do you pull as if you were going to park in the garage. Do you need to make reservations ahead to get the 1st and 7th night free?

Thanks

I made a reservation for my 4/4/09 cruise and printed a coupon that gives the cashier a discount code. 1st/7th day free, so parking there will be $63.00 vs. $120.00 at the parking garage for my 8-night cruise. They then sent me an emailed reservation confirmation with another coupon for free bottled water and USA Today.

For me, having the shuttle works better. I travel with my mobility-challenged sister and two small children, so this is the easiest way I have found to deal with luggage and port arrival.

TY Honeywell for answering the questions, I also made a reservation by phone, the phone number in on the web site, but they did say you could just drive in, no reservation needed, but I wanted to play it safe..lol, you do not have to pay anything till you leave. The parking lot is not right at the pier, by the cruise ramp garage, but it is not far away either. I think it took maybe 5 min from the park n go to the ship at the pier. They will drop you off right by the porters, where you can check your bags. The park and go was very easy to find, they have directions on their web site, or you can get directions at www.mapquest.com

Archived