Hurtigruten

wronneb

:( They have been in trouble for quite a few months. They came to an agreement with the Norwegian government recently.

I think there was a shareholders' meeting recently and a further hurdle has to be overcome later this month before the final decisions are made about the future of the company? There was a ship laid up for the winter although it is about to go back into service this month to replace MS Richard With which got damaged in a storm in Trondheim.

:) It is not stopping me sailing with them and, in fact, they seem to be advertising some good deals at the moment.

If you 'Google' Hurtigruten you'll be able to follow the various news stories.

I received this URL from my cousin this morning. It is in Norwegian. The gist is they are in big trouble if they can't get the banks to agree to a plan soon.

http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.6436495

I think I will wait it out for a while with my down payment but I will put it in dispute if things get worse. My wife and I really wanted to take this trip this summmer:(

When we were on the Finnmarken in Nov.2008, there was a t.v. news broadcast about the Hurtigruten company. The main concern that we gathered from the crew and other passengers is Hurtigruten wanted some free gov't money to keep operating. Kinda reminds me of the same thing GMC, Ford, etc are doing in the United States.

Have a good day and a better evening.

Bruton Branch:)

Archived