Boudicca - Suite pics & other hints/tips please

sw18

Hello all,

I'm just about to book my first cruise on FO & Boudicca.....

Does anyone have or know of any online photos of the Balcony/Superior/Marquee/Premier suites other than those on theFO website? I don't seem to be able to find much, even a cabin layout diagram would be handy....

Also, any hints & tips on the "Suite perks" would be much appreciated from FO regulars, namely dining/minibars/cabin amenities, but any other info would be appreciated....

Finally, are tables for 2 for dinner easy to come by??

Thanks in advance! :)

I had a Balcony suite on the Black Watch (Boudicca sister ship) last year.

The suite wasn't huge but, the bathroom was great, the bed comfortable, the seating ideal and the desk/dressing table suitable. The storage space was huge. For the two of us the balcony was ideal, with a table and 2 chairs. The layout was a rectangle, bathroom to the side as you came in, wardrobes to the other side. Walking through, doube bed, then seating and finally patio doors to balcony.

On arrival we had complimentary canapes, a glass of fizz and a glass of OJ as well as a bottle of fizz. Every day, early evening canapes were delivered to the cabin. The bathroom was reasonably stocked. The minibar seemed fine, but we never used it! Room service was always efficent.

Regards tables, they seem to have a lot of tables for two, although they're often only a few inches from tables of 4! Saying that, we've been lucky and had great neighbours who never ignored us, but equally never imposed on us.

Hello all,

I'm just about to book my first cruise on FO & Boudicca.....

Does anyone have or know of any online photos of the Balcony/Superior/Marquee/Premier suites other than those on theFO website? I don't seem to be able to find much, even a cabin layout diagram would be handy....

Also, any hints & tips on the "Suite perks" would be much appreciated from FO regulars, namely dining/minibars/cabin amenities, but any other info would be appreciated....

Finally, are tables for 2 for dinner easy to come by??

Thanks in advance! :)

My friend and I have just been on the Boudicca in a Marquee Suite. I don't have photos, but I can give you some details.

You walk through the door into a small hall with wardrobes on the right hand side and a large bathroom on the left. The wardrobe space is excellent and is lit whenever the doors open.

The bathroom has one bath with shower over and two separate wash basins complete with complimentary shower gels, shampoos, body creams etc. Huge bath towels and hand towels which are changed twice a day.

From the hall you walk into the lounge area which is furnished with table, settee, tv, telephone and table, and two small armchairs. On the right is a large dressing table with 3 drawers and minibar fridge and a chair. On the dressing table is a large tray complete with 3 huge decanters, one of whisky, one gin and one brandy (all complimentary!) Also there is a kettle with cups and various packets of coffee and tea plus biscuits.

At the far end of the lounge is the patio door leading on to the balcony with table and two chairs.

Back into the lounge. On the left is the bedroom, which can be closed off from the lounge, but we didn't bother with that. In our bedroom were two single beds ( can be converted to double if you wish) two bedside cabinets with drawers and a further large double wardrobe plus a small table, which we moved into the lounge. Under the small window is a dressingtable complete with drawers and a chair.

We completely changed the position of drinks and coffee maker as we wanted more dressing table space to put our make-up etc. We put the drinks on the table in the lounge, put the coffee maker on the dressing table in the bedroom (which my friend used) and freed up space on the dressing table in the lounge which I used.

In the wardrobe are two white towelling dressing gowns and two pairs of towelling slippers.

There is a large bowl of fruit which is replenished daily plus canapes delivered to the cabin each evening.

On arrival there was a complimentary bottle of champagne which we took down to dinner.

The Marquee suite isn't huge by any means but room enough for two people to move around in relative comfort ( once you rearrange the furniture to suite your needs).

Hope this was helpful.

just had a look on Fred's website and it doesn't say that ,and the smaller dining options on Balmoral were on a first come first serve basis, we were not in a suite (I can dream about going in one , one day!!) and we dined in them. If you want to eat in The Heligan room i guess you had better tell them, pronto.

Thank you all for the information....much appreciated!

Am I also right in saying that you dine in The Heligan Room if you are in a suite grade cabin?? :)

No, the grade of cabin doesn't determine the dining room. The dining rooms lead on from each other anyway, simply separated by a wide door way. The self service Secret Garden is totally separate and again, anyone can eat there.

Oh and by the way, when describing the bathroom, I forgot to mention there is a toilet in there. But I reckon you guessed that anyway.:D

Archived