help me decide Century or Summit?

sheilauk

Hello there , just looking for some opinions.

I have 2 cruises on hold an dneed to decide by tomorrow.

The first is on Summit, departs 30th April 10 nights west Med ( cabin 7210, the last inside one available)

The other is Century, departs 9th May 12 nights Baltic. ( cabin 8230, again last inside one available)

So here's the dilemna. We went on our first Celebrity cruise last October which was Century to the west Med. We have done a couple of med cruises before, but haven't yet been to the Baltic

So do we go on the same ship again but to new destinations, or do we go on Summit, a new ship to us but around the Med again and to some ports we have already done.

What would you choose to do?

We did the Nordic cruise on Century last summer, and I think the crew pretty much universally agreed that the Baltic was their favourite itinerary, because the ports were so different - it wasn't just the same ol' same ol' from the Med.

A couple at our table were on a B2B from the Baltic cruise, and the only complaint they had was that it wasn't as warm & sunny as they'd hoped. Obviously, booking for the weather is a risky business in either direction, but if your holiday will be miserable if you don't get your Vitamin D every day, then the Med might be better. OTOH, Med in April? I don't know how guaranteed the sun would be...

So I can't really answer the question for you - it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want the excitement of "discovering" a new ship, or you think "I'd quite fancy making some extra sea-days out of the ports we've already done", go for Summit. But I don't think you'll be sorry if you do the Baltic either...

This is just one opinion of what will sure to be many, but here goes: I've done both the Mediterranean (multiple times) and the Baltic, all on Celebrity on either Century-class or Millennium-Class ships. I definitely think the Baltic was worth it, but having done it once, I don't feel the need to repeat it anytime soon. Whereas, I could repeat the Mediterranean every year (particularly since there is usually some variance in the itineraries/ports of call. As for your ship choice, I know the Century is a perennial favorite for many (and I also like it), but the M-Class (e.g. Summit) are among my favorite ships. Other things to factor in are costs of the respective cruises and roundtrip airfare required for embarkation/disembarkation ports. In the past, Baltic cruises have typically run higher in price. The Constellation also does the Baltic; if you sailed her, you'd get a new itinerary and the opportunity to sail on a different class of ship. You also got some good advice from ustal, particularly regarding the weather. Whatever you decide, you'll be happy. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived