Just off the Wind....fabulous

luvtojump

Just returned from the Mauritius to Capetown itinerary.

The Wind looks fabulous. Staff and service were top notch. Colin was amazing.

This is our first time on one of the smaller vessels. Jury is still out as to whether we prefer Whisper/Shadow over Wind/Cloud.

Happy Cruising. :)

Good morning luvtojump,

I am looking forward to see the changes on the magnificent Wind in July 2009. We last sailed on her May 2008 and the staff and Colin were amazing. Did you see Ronnie (filipino head waiter) and Amafe (bar service)?

We've booked the new Vista Suite on deck 7 (Suite 738). It's located where the hair salon was located before the reno. Did you happen to see it? I hear the configuration is different from the other Vista Suites.

ScottToronto

countdown.pl?name=ScottToronto&date=7-18-2009&image=santorini2&text=Looking forward to returning on the Silver Wind&ship=Silver Wind

Hi Scott,

I did not see the new Vista suite but can tell you that deck 7 is a fabulous location. That is where we were.

We ate in a different venue almost every evening so I do not recall the head waiter's name. However, we did get to know the bartenders well. :)

Loved Darwin in The Bar and Colin at the pool. Both served magnificent cocktails and had personalities to match.

Everyone from the captain to our suite stewardess were first class. The lovely ladies at reception and Ralph the hotel director were invaluable.

The staff at the spa was some of the best I have had at sea.

Enjoy!

Scott,

Do you know when the Cloud is receiving the same updates as the Wind? We are looking at a March 2010 sailing on the Cloud to celebrate my 40th (40 you say? he hardly looks the legal drinking age...thanks...). Would love to know if she will be in good shape...

xo

James

:)Hi James,

Nice to hear from you.

The Silver Cloud is undergoing the same renovation as the Wind in May 2009, long before you plan your cruise for your 40th.

Check out the floor plans in the newest Silversea World Atlas. There is a new Vista on Deck 7. Suite 738. I wouldn't waste anytime booking this Suite.....it's likely to go quickly.

Take care. Look forward to seeing you on the Shadow again this December.

Warm regards,

Scott

countdown.pl?name=ScottToronto&date=7-18-2009&image=santorini2&text=Looking forward to returning on the Silver Wind&ship=Silver Wind

So sorry I missed you! Scott, glad you booked the Vista on 7...a very good deal! It looks just like the new "Silvers" on 8 that really aren't. They have no dining area and bedroom door. The vista is exactly the same but no veranda. Sorry I have been slow in responding but we have been busy with safaris!!

Debbie,

We did a private tour in Madagscar planned by our group.

In Richard's Bay, went to Phinda (Mountain Lodge) for overnight. Again, privately.

Did a private tour in Durban which was fabulous. Especially since we had limited time there.

Went on the ship's tour to Addo Elephant park in Port Elizabeth.

The tour to Addo was the only tour we did with Silvsersea.

Were very happy with our tours.

Regards!

Hi Debbie,

No, we did not go and see the lemurs. I don't think we had enough time in port to do that. We had a private tour of a gem cutting facility. The town was extremely poor. We took a rickshaw ride through it. Very friendly people but at the same time, aggressively begging. Especially the children. It breaks your heart.

That is not good. We lived in Guam two years and went thru two back-to-back, one w/ 195 winds and 235 gusts. It wiped out most of the island, and it took 1 1/2 yrs for many things to recover. I believe they have better infrastructure now but many still have tin roofs. A little place like Madagascar truly must have had challenges.

Archived