Enchantment Review - VERY long (record length?!?!)

Oh the thought of Tech in the ACC icon_eek.gif!!!! We have the blood-born UVa 'Hoo disease: my dad, my sister ('77), me ('83), and now my niece (May '04). The only real problem that I see with you guys being in the ACC is that when you do whup our butts at football(not basketball, once Pete Gillen gets his act together), it counts as both an ACC loss and a kick in our pride! icon_biggrin.gif

And I thought a drive from Va to FLL was long...but from Wisconsin..ugh.. I have a dear friend in Janesville but we always end up cruising rather than heading out to WI.

Wahoo Wah,

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

hokie78...that is one looooong drive home.

Thanks again for an excellant review, everyone who is scheduled to sail on this cruise will have nothing to worry about.

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

Thanks hokie78 for whetting my appetite! We sail 2 weeks from Monday. I had questions but now through your"eyes", I have safely travled through the ship.

Can someone clear up a few things: we board on deck 4, so I presume we leave from deck 4 also? When we are at ports we get off from Deck 2? Thanks!

Happy cruising!

Sue icon_cool.gif

All dem bonz are connected: de party bone & de drinkin bone & de stayin out all night bone & the cruisin bone.

Our first cruise: May 10 2004, Enchantment of the Seas

Thanks for the great review. We are doing the same cruise at the end of August and can't wait. Thanks for all the details. We are also staying in a jr. suite too!

RCL~Navigator 8/2003, Majesty 7/2003, Radiance 4/2003, Monarch 8/2002, Nordic Empress 8/2001

Celebrity~Century 7/2001 & 7/1998, Horizon 7/1991

Future Cruises:

Legend of the Seas 5/7/2004

Enchantment of the Seas 8/30/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;7;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Till Hawaii on the Legend of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till Belize on the Enchantment of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till the Panama Canal on Brilliance of the Seas!

bunnebonz--embarking and disembarking are both on Deck 4. Disembarking at ports can vary based on facilities at the particular port, or if a tender port. In our case, I believe all port on/off was from Deck 1. Maybe Deck 2 for tendering at Belize, as they had a sort of elevated platform/stairs contraption. Either way--follow the crowd and you'll find your way off! Have a great time!

barva--(sorry to be O.T. everyone else)Hope you're right about UVA/ACC football. DEFINITELY right about basketball. But remember VT football was suspect before joining the Big East. We'll happily take the conference's leftovers at recruiting time!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! This has eased my mind. I was starting to wonder about the trip I booked because you really never see too much information about this particular ship. I feel much better about it. Thanks again!

XO

Kimberlie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Enchantment of the Seas 11/27/04

Disney Wonder 2003

Disney Wonder 2002

Thanks for the very detailed review.

I'm going on Enchantment in August and you've answered many of the questions I had of the ship.

Atlantic- August 1982

Explorer- August 2002

Enchantment-August 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500  days until Enchantment of the Seas

• 4 weeks later...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE DETAILED REVIEW. I AM TAKING MY BOYFRIEND ONA 5 NIGHT TO GC AND JAMAICA IN OCT, IT'S A B-DAY SURPRISE. I WAS STARTING TO WORRY, BECAUSE I HAD NOT READ MUCH ABOUT THIS SHIP. IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL DO JUST FINE. SURE BEATS BALTIMORE IN THE FALL icon_biggrin.gif. THANKS AGAIN. AND TO ALL THAT WILL SAIL BEFORE ME I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REVIEWS AS WELL. ANYONE ON MY 10/2/04 SAILING FROM FLL???

This has to be the best review I've ever seen! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write such an awesome and well- written review! You have a great way with words and your sense of humour is wonderful!

I was on the Enchantment in April and I was able to relive my cruise reading through your review! Thanks again!

Lynda

Disney Magic, Oct 04

Enchantment of the Seas,Apr 04

Disney Wonder, Oct 02

Disney Wonder, Jan 02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mert461:

Thanks for the wonderful, detailed review! We're going on the Enchantment July 5th. Can't wait!

Donna<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Donna - ME TOO! A group of five of us will be sailing, the very first cruise for all of us, to celebrate three of us turning 40 and one turning 50! This is the first time I've seen anyone on this board who's sailing on the same cruise (I even searched the Who's Sailing When thread).

Hokie - THANK YOU SO MUCH for this review. You have no idea how I read and re-read all of what you wrote. I'm so glad you had a good time and it made me so glad I'm going. You're a great writer and your descriptions were amusing and informative. Now, of course, I'm spending every waking minute thinking and planning for our trip. Great job!

Sailing on Enchantment July 5, 2004

• 2 months later...
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your cruise with us in such great detail. Also enjoyed your good humor!

6 of us will be on a 4-nighter in November on the Enchantment and I was wanting to read a really good review about the ship. Looks like we won't starve. :)

With regard to your comment:
"Final Thoughts
Pick a cruise. Go on it. Enjoy. Repeat."
...Just make sure you review your next one for us too!

Thanks again,
L Jane

• 2 months later...
Awesome review - very much appreciated. The details were helpful - especially Quest information for those traveling with small children. Luckily I knew what it was & could advise my table-mates from taking their children ages 5 & 7. It's a great time, but can get a little wild so it's best if parents are prepared so they can make their own best judgement.

• 1 month later...
[B]For hokie78[/B]
I'm so thankful for your "book" review of the ENCHANTMENT. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every one of the 15 pages that printed out. I jotted many of your tips on my copy of the deck plans for future reference.

Even with all your detailed memories, I still have a couple of questions. So if you can put on your thinking cap and go back to those glorious days in April '04 when you sailed, I greatly appreciate any input you could give me in the following areas:

1. I'm planning a cruise for my in-laws and two other "elder" relatives (ages range from 78-83, with my husband and I in our late 40's). My mother-in-law is permenently in a wheelchair and cannot get in or out of it without her husband's help. We plan on booking one of the handicapped cabins for them. She needs to have a queen-sized bed (or at least two twins that can be pushed together). Did you have the golden opportunity to view any of the handicapped accessible cabins while on your trip, or talk with anyone who was occupying one of them? ROYAL CARIBBEAN seems to promote their "Accessible Seas" abilities a great deal in their brochures. Do you think that they are miles ahead of the other cruise lines in this area? I'm particularly interested in their statement that they have "lifts" which allow a wheelchair person to get into and out of the tender boats. Did you see them in use and how would you rate their "fear factor" for the person in the wheelchair?

2. Several of the "elder" folks have restrictions in their diets due to heart problems and diabetes. Having cruised with a diabetic friend, I've learned that several other cruise lines have shortcomings in the area of "sugar free" foods being properly labeled in the buffet and waiters in the dining room not being too versed in what the ingredients are in the menu selections. How would you rank the "healthy choice" labeled menu items?

3. In your humble opinion, do you think that our conservative "elder" family would be comfortable with the activities on the ENCHANTMENT, or should we seek out a ship that might appeal more towards a more mature passenger compliment?

Sorry these questions are so detailed...but these are the things that will allow us to make the best possible choice of a cruise for the "elder" family members. Right now we are limited to ships sailing out of Boston Harbor, so our ship choices are limited to RCI's ENCHANTMENT OF THE SEAS and HAL's MAASDAM.

With hearty thanks in advance...
Debjo

Archived