If the ship leaves at 4 whats the latest I can board?

kyle2227

Killer flight deal if I can arrive at miami at 2 and i could high tail it to the cruise port by 230? Whats the lastest I can be there. Thanks all for information!
That's tight. Go to Carnival.com and click on frequentley asked questions. It will tell you in something there what time you have to arrive to make it to the ship in time. Go through that menu and you'll find it. Can't remember the exact title for it.....

You had better you plane don't get delayed.....;)

Killer flight deal if I can arrive at miami at 2 and i could high tail it to the cruise port by 230? Whats the lastest I can be there. Thanks all for information!

You need to be checked in no later than 90 minutes prior to sailing. It's a new Homeland Security rule. Previous rule was 60 minutes. Take care, as you can be denied boarding if you are not there 90 minutes before the ship sails! :-(

....so if the plane arrives at 2........and you need to board by 2:30......that leaves 30 minutes to deplane.......collect your luggage......find a taxi......don't get lost........and board.......and if the planes is 10 minutes late......you have 20 minutes.......and if the plane is 30 minutes late........you might have time to get to the dock to watch her sail away.

I wouldn't do it.

As previous poster said, you have to check in 90 minutes before the ship departs, so you'd be right there at the edge of the cutoff.

However, with air travel these days anything can happen. Would you rather save some money on a flight to the port, and end up having to either miss the cruise (which is probably a lot more pricey than your airfare) or pay a ridiculous amount of money for a last minute flight to the first port of call?

Before we got on the "fly in the day before" wagon, we had a few close calls with even very early morning flights that left me so stressed, I was exhausted by the time I got on the ship and didn't really begin to enjoy myself until the next day!

Just looked this up in Carnival FAQs under embarkation arrival procedure....

If you complete your Fun Pass at least four days before departure it is 60 minutes. If you do not it is 90 minutes.....;)

All in all though for the OP...You are cutting it way to tight......:eek:

Why don't you get your "Killer flight deal" for the day before you board and not risk watching the ship sail into the sunset. ;) :D

On our cruise for the Triumph last year, we flew in the day before and were delayed 2 hours--our flight home was delayed nearly 27 hours.:eek:

Two of the three couples we sat with at dinner flew in the day of the cruise were also delayed. One of them barely made it (I think they boarded around 3) and the other couple missed it completely--they joined up with us 3 days later in St Thomas. And I really don't know about the 3rd couple because they hardly ever came to dinner.

We're flying out this Friday afternoon for our cruise that leaves on Sat. and dh is a little stressed (he would have preferred the flight in the morning to give extra time in case of another super long delay).

I also think that 2 is cutting it very close. Any little delay (and it seems like there are a lot of them these days in my experience) and you might miss the ship.

We're flying in same day arriving at 10 am for a 4 pm departure, and I'm nervous. We leave Richmond VA at 6 am and Atl at 8;30 arriving in Tampa around 10 am. I'm bringing everything in a carryon.(cept snorkel gear)

Another thing to consider is when you make tight flight arrangements, especially with connections...... you may make it but your bags may not. That is another reason we fly a day early. It paid off one time when we made it but our bags didn't. :eek: We had arrived the day before.... so we leisurely went out to the airport the next morning to pick them up before boarding. ;)

I agree with the other posters...get your flight the day before! That 2pm arrival is too risky, your cutting it very very close. :eek: You don't want to miss your Cruise;)

I get so frustrated when posters just throw out the "need to fly in a day early" comment.... While this is the ideal way to eliminate the stress of possible flight problems on the day of sailing, not everyone can get that extra day off of work or for other various reasons. The OP just asked if they were cutting it to close to get to the ship before it sailed and what was the latest time they could arrive to the ship, which has been answered by others already ! :mad:

Heres a funny thing for you all. A flight from Philadelphia to Miami one way is like $250 yet a flight from allentown that connects in Philly then goes to miami was only $128(allentown is only about an hour and fifteen ish minutes from philly) figure out that one. So we booked the $128 dollar one.

From the FAQs

"How does the Embarkation Process Work?spacer.gifRemember, Government regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure. Guests are required to provide us with the required information prior to embarkation. The easiest and most convenient way is to complete our FunPass on line registration process at least three days prior to departure. Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time."

So, for a 4:00 sailing the latest you would want to check in is 2:30. If you can fit all your luggage into your carry-on and $122 savings is worrth the risk of missing the ship, Go for it.

Is this the earliest flight of the day? If not get the earliest flight possible on the day of your cruise.

According to the Carnival FAQ on the transfers page : http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/pdf/Miami08.pdf

Latest allowable flight into MIA is 2:30pm. IF, and I repeat IF you are going to do this I would strongly suggest booking transfers with Carnival so that way they know you are coming in cutting it close. One time I booked a connecting flight which was late and my flight didn't get to the airport until 10 minutes after the latest allowable time and the Carnival people were waiting for me. That would be your best option, for sure. They would leave one person who they didn't know where they were, but if you are coming on a bus of 50 with arranged Carnival transport they may wait a few more minutes.

From the FAQs

"How does the Embarkation Process Work?spacer.gifRemember, Government regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure. Guests are required to provide us with the required information prior to embarkation. The easiest and most convenient way is to complete our FunPass on line registration process at least three days prior to departure. Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time."

So, for a 4:00 sailing the latest you would want to check in is 2:30. If you can fit all your luggage into your carry-on and $122 savings is worrth the risk of missing the ship, Go for it.

Is this the earliest flight of the day? If not get the earliest flight possible on the day of your cruise.

If you do the Fun Pass you can check in at 3:00...

Heres a funny thing for you all. A flight from Philadelphia to Miami one way is like $250 yet a flight from allentown that connects in Philly then goes to miami was only $128(allentown is only about an hour and fifteen ish minutes from philly) figure out that one. So we booked the $128 dollar one.

It is weird. I had a similar experience a few years ago. Airfare from MKE to SFO connecting in ORD was $296. So I priced ORD to SFO and it was $1200! I booked the flight from Milwaukee.

So, did you book the flight that lands at 2 the day of sailing? If so, make sure you get insurance. Last time I was at Miami airport (in December), we had to wait for over an hour for our luggage. If you did book that flight, you won't have the luxury of waiting that long. Make sure you have some clothes in your carry-on in case that happens. Or if course, if your flight is delayed. I agree with the above poster regarding Carnival transfers. Enjoy your cruise!

From the FAQs

If he does the FunPass online, 3:00 would be the latest he can check in. Still way too close for comfort for me.

Supply and demand, Not much demand out of Allentown. You probably have a low fare carrier servicing that airport. Everybody has to match the low fare carrier to preserve their market share.

I get so frustrated when posters just throw out the "need to fly in a day early" comment.... While this is the ideal way to eliminate the stress of possible flight problems on the day of sailing, not everyone can get that extra day off of work or for other various reasons. The OP just asked if they were cutting it to close to get to the ship before it sailed and what was the latest time they could arrive to the ship, which has been answered by others already ! :mad:

Everybody listen up.......... There's a new sheriff in town :rolleyes:

The odds of you making the ship are not very good. Even if the plane is on time, you have allowed yourself at most an hour to get to the port. My experience in Miami is that is just not enough time. The terminal is big, by the time you are off the plane and walk to baggage claim you will use 15 - 20 minutes. It will then take another 15 minutes to get your bags. It will take about 10 minutes to grab a cab and then it is about a 20 - 30 minute drive to the port.

Really cutting it close.

I get so frustrated when posters just throw out the "need to fly in a day early" comment.... While this is the ideal way to eliminate the stress of possible flight problems on the day of sailing, not everyone can get that extra day off of work or for other various reasons. The OP just asked if they were cutting it to close to get to the ship before it sailed and what was the latest time they could arrive to the ship, which has been answered by others already !

You are fighting a losing battle. The people on CC know that their opinion is to arrive a day early. The facts are that about 75% of all cruisers arrive on the day that their crusie leaves, but they are all wrong. It is not a situation even worth discussing.

Archived