Dinner seating times on Miracle

MickeyG

I've heard the advantages and disadvantages with early and late seating. Would like to hear from anyone who has cruised on Carnivl's Miracle to see if they were happy with their seating time or would they have changed it and why. We have two kids in their early teens. We usually eat later at home. But was wondering if there might be some factors that come into play on the Miracle that would make it bettter going with early or late dinner seating.

Thanks,

Mick:)

while I have not sailed on the miracle yet, and do not have kids, here are some pros and cons:

early - you don't feel rushed to get back from port to shower and change for dinner; if the kids go to bed early, they are not eating and then sleeping; you can catch the early show and still get to bed at a reasonable time; you can participate in any games/activities between dinners

late - you can watch the ship leave port before changing; you can relax before dinner; late shows are less crowded

I think it all comes down to personal choice and what works well with your family. If there is a concern about the kids being hungry before dinner time, there is always pizza or room service to tide you over. (the adults too :))

by the way, mick, i think we are cruising together!

Have not sailed on the Miracle but have sailed with teens. Early seating or your kids are not going to want to sit with you while dining. 5:45 or 8:15 is dining times on Miracle. Teens can go in the disco from 8pm until 10:45. (late seating times) If under the age of 16-17 they are asked to leave. This is where the teens mostly hang out at night...then go for pizza and sit in hot tubs the rest of the time. Most kids are eating with thier families during early time..so they dont mind spending that time with you..lol

We did late seating the first cruise and all the kids lost out especially the younger ones coz camp charges after 10..which is when late dining gets over. and camp doent open til 7 on some nights.. which the kids were back in the cabin getting ready for dinner.

Serene, frddiebudd and StephenJ...thanks for your replies. Still not sure how to handle the seating. We tend to eat a little later at home. Our teens are 13 and 11 (pre-teen) so the disco may be off-limits to them. Knowing there is a late show might make it more attractive to eat later and see the later show....who knows!!!! May have to decide this one as we board.

freddiebudd...we are sailing on the 19th. Hope to see you on board the Miracle.

Thanks again!

Just called to change our dinner seating time from 8:15 to 5:45. The carnival rep I spoke to said that Miracle has 4 seating times for dinner...5:45, 6:15, 8:15 and 8:45. So we changed it to 6:15 which should work out well. Just wanted to let everyone know about the 4 seating times on the Miracle.

The carnival rep I spoke to said that Miracle has 4 seating times for dinner...5:45, 6:15, 8:15 and 8:45.

Hmmm. I had heard they only had one early and one late seating since Spirit class ships have only one dining room. Thanks for the update.

Either way it wouldn't bother me.

Just called to change our dinner seating time from 8:15 to 5:45. The carnival rep I spoke to said that Miracle has 4 seating times for dinner...5:45, 6:15, 8:15 and 8:45. So we changed it to 6:15 which should work out well. Just wanted to let everyone know about the 4 seating times on the Miracle.

Bet if you call again you will get another answer.

Mick- that is truly sad that person dont know what they are talking about. 4 seatings are done on ships that have 2 dining rooms. Since the Miracle only has 1 dining room--it only has the two seatins..5:45 and 8:15.

Did you book your cruise with Carnival?

Serene....I just called a second time and while it is true that Miracle has one dining room, the Carnival agent I talked with today gave me multiple seating options:

5:45

6:00

6:30

8:00

8:15

8:45

She told me that with each seating time, you have a 15 minute grace period in which to arrive for dinner. I will try again later today to see if I get a difference response.

Mick

That would surely suck if I am trying to eat dinner and people are coming and going around me the whole time I am eating.

On the Legend it was one time either 5:45 or 8:15

Please call again. The dining room should be closed at 6:15 for a early seating

I just spoke with someone who just came off the Miracle and he said there are only 2 seating times with a 30 minute arrival time for each seating. A 5:45 seating means you have until 6:15 to arrive. I am wondering why Carnival is giving me different times???????

Mick:confused:

I think the dining times you are getting is from Nick and Noras-- they do seating every 15 minutes. From 5-6 pm until 10 when the last reservation will be taken.

Im sorry you are getting conflicting information but you can call carnival many times with the same question and not get the same answer twice. I trully feel sorry for people who are cruising for tthe first time and question the carnival guest services coz surely the people get wrong information a lot of the times.

Mick- If you are sitting with other diners please do not be half hour late for dinner. 15 minutes maximum.

Serene, Thanks for the advice. I can understand how difficult it would be for seated guests to have to wait for other guests to arrive. I am sure we will be more "savvy" the second time around but I'm afraid we'll have to roll with the flow unitl we get our sea legs on this cruise.

Hi...

Just got off the Miracle in October. There are two dinner seatings in the Bacchus (main) dining room - 5:45pm and 8:15pm.

We booked the 8:15 at a two-top on the second floor next to the railing overlooking the main dining room. Had a great view, great food and great service at Table 397.

We prefer not to rush getting ready for dinner during port days. Also, during sea days we would be on a lounge chair until approximately 4pm. We'd then take a nap, shower, have a cocktail and ease into the evening. That's why we chose the later dining time. We were always able to see a show or do whatever we chose after dinner. Worked out great for us. ;)

Sorry, can't recommend anything regarding the teenagers.

Karen.....Was wondering if you did Nick and Nora's for dinner. If so, can you suggest a specific night of the cruise to have dinner at N&N? Also, do you recall which evenings had the midnight buffet.

Thanks for the info on times and table suggestions. I wonder why the Carnival reps continue giving me multiple dining times in the main dining room??????

We prefer early seating no matter the ship and we had early seating on the Miracle but we did not run into anything "different" about dinner on that ship to make us want to do it differently. One thing to me about all the cruiseships i have been on-dinner is pretty much a similiar feel no matter what line we are on.

At home we eat around 6:30-7P.M. so early seating is a little early but the one time we had late seating it was 8:30 P.M. and we were like 10:45 getting out of dinner. We were so stuffed and sleepy we could not stay awake and ended up going to bed fairly early. When we have the early seating we don't feel that way and can stay up longer and enjoy activities on ship.

Now if we ever do Norweigan we will try the freestyle dining-that does sound like a good option to me.

We did not do Nick and Nora's as they got booked fast-so I suggest if you want to do them book as soon as you board the ship.

We did Palos on Disney Wonder our last cruise and we got our reservation at 6:30 P.M. That was nice to have a little extra time before dinner and we still was able to make the first seating show that night.

One thing too I think I know why there are 4 dinning times on the Miracle. Although it is only one diningroom-the dinningroom is 2 decks so really it is 2 diningrooms. My guess is the upper deck of the dinningroom the seating is 30 minutes later or maybe it is vice-versa. I remember we had early seating on the lower deck but I can't remember if it was 5:45 or 6:15.

Now I know the fanasty class ships have two dinningrooms and the seating times are 30 minutes apart depending upon which dinning room.

My guess this is needed for the kitchen (galley) staff so they aren't overwhelmed. Since the spirit class ships holds I think a few more passengers then the fanasty class I guess this would be needed. I know I did not see an influx of people coming or leaving while I was eating as though their dinner time was different from mine.

One thing too that I found on the Miracle was there was a great quality and choices of food in the lido restuarant-so it would not be too bad if just one night you wanted to eat a different time to eat there. They had a great choice of deli type sandwiches which were great. Now I am not saying they compare with filet mignon or lobster tails but not bad eating still.

Archived