2 for 1 to Alaska?

Andar

We didn't get the e-mail, but somehow we qual'd for it. It was for some AK and European itins. I think it also included a $25 OBC per cabin. The reduced fare also applied to the rates for 3rd & 4th passengers in the same cabin.

From all accounts, it was totally random for some past passengers. We had 3 friends cruise with us a few years back. They all stayed in the same cabin. Two received the 2 for 1, and one did not. Strangeness, I tell you. You might login in to Princess.com and do a quick search to see if you rec'd the rate. I don't think it was for all itins, though.

Very random emailing. We got the email, but unfortunately are going to Europe this summer for our Transatlantic. Too bad we didn't get the other one, but no biggie... our fare just dropped in price another $1500. Nice.

:)

I was told by Princess that the easiest way to find out what you qualify for is to log in to your My Princess account, then click on "view deals" under "My Dream Deals" and see what's listed. If you qualify for a certain promotion, it'll be listed there. If not, you can fight for a discount you didn't receive, but they're unlikely to give it to you. You should do your searching for cruises while you're logged in, too. Sometimes they don't send email notification of a discount, but only reveal it in the discounted cost of an itinerary. I'm sure there are exceptions to everything...that's just what I was told.

I was told by Princess that the easiest way to find out what you qualify for is to log in to your My Princess account, then click on "view deals" under "My Dream Deals" and see what's listed. If you qualify for a certain promotion, it'll be listed there. If not, you can fight for a discount you didn't receive, but they're unlikely to give it to you. You should do your searching for cruises while you're logged in, too. Sometimes they don't send email notification of a discount, but only reveal it in the discounted cost of an itinerary. I'm sure there are exceptions to everything...that's just what I was told.

Your statement is absolutely wrong. Not only did they give it us, but to our friends too. And all of us live in different states. And NONE of us received a promotional offer. I found out about it through someone else and pursued it.

I was booked on the Adventure of the Seas for my 30th anniversary on 6/8/09. I received the email last Thursday night and booked a cruise that night on the Star Princess for 6/7/09. They made my a deal I couldn't refuse! True 2 for 1 pricing for a mini suite! Even though we went on the Golden Princess last June we decided to go back because we both loved Alaska and the deal was great. Saved almost $2000 over the price we paid last year for the same cabin (actually a lesser cabin because we were upgraded from AB to BA last time) My friend tried to get the same deal and Princess refused. They said family and friends only if cruising on the same ship. Anyway, thanks Princess!

We got the email, and it's listed under deals on our cruise personalizer. Friends we made on a previous cruise who are Elite didn't get it, and when they called Princess the rep. said she never heard of the offer. It seems to be a very random thing.

We got the email, and it's listed under deals on our cruise personalizer. Friends we made on a previous cruise who are Elite didn't get it, and when they called Princess the rep. said she never heard of the offer. It seems to be a very random thing.

I am Elite and did get the deal and did take advantage of it. Hard to say how they selected who would get the promotion. I am normally not one who does get them so I was delighted to finally be among the "eligible."

Your statement is absolutely wrong. Not only did they give it us, but to our friends too. And all of us live in different states. And NONE of us received a promotional offer. I found out about it through someone else and pursued it.

My statement may have been wrong for YOU, but not wrong for others. There have been at least a hundred posts in the last two weeks about this very topic from people who did NOT receive the email and even after calling Princess were NOT given the discount. As I said, I'm sure there are exceptions to everything - and clearly you are one. But you sure didn't have to be so rude about it. :-(

My statement may have been wrong for YOU, but not wrong for others. There have been at least a hundred posts in the last two weeks about this very topic from people who did NOT receive the email and even after calling Princess were NOT given the discount. As I said, I'm sure there are exceptions to everything - and clearly you are one. But you sure didn't have to be so rude about it. :-(

Rude? Not me. Just emphatic. And as stated, this wasn't only given to me, but to two other couples as well. End of subject.

Rude? Not me. Just emphatic. And as stated, this wasn't only given to me, but to two other couples as well. End of subject.

I got the e-mail but my brother didn't and hasn't sailed on Princess either (we are sailing together), but managed to get the deal as well. It was two weeks after I got the deal before he tried for it. Perhaps it is a matter of how far your TA is willing to go to bat for you?

We got the email and when we contacted our tavel agent, she was told by Princess that we would have to provide a copy of it along with the email address. At first, our TA was told that we received it in error as they had no record of our email address. After it was faxed to Princess, it was honored and we saved almost $2000. Princess told the TA that we received it because were had 8 past sailing on their sister line Carnival and qualified. Apparently they are just making up the rules as they go along. The 2 for 1 is only for select cabins in certain cats that are unsold. Ours offered balcony for as low as $899, but that was not true and were offered BC at $1499 which we took.

Archived