One way rental at Galveston

travel1

Hertz and Enterprise are the only ones with one way rentals from Houston to or from Galveston. They can be made from either Hobby or Bush Airport. Enterprise was by far the cheaper of the two. Dropoff charges apply from Bush but not returning to Bush. There were no dropoff charges to or from Hobby.

Charge for a full size car with all taxes and fees from Bush were about $63 for a one day rental with dropoff in Galveston.

The same car from Hobby for a dropoff in Galveston for two days was about $48.

These prices don't include CDW or the other addons they try to stick you with.

Reggie:D

I checked a couple of weeks ago and none of them had a drop-off at the pier. We didn't want to have the hassle of getting to the ship from somewhere else, so we booked the Celebrity shuttle from the airport. It just seemed easier and we don't have to mess with the luggage.

Explorer E. Carib. 1/12/02

Explorer W. Carib 1/18/03

Summit Alaska cruise/tour 8/3/03

Adventure S. Carib. 2/8/04

Galaxy Panama Canal 2/3/05

the rental offices are about 5 min from the pier---budget no longer has an office in galv-----we are renting from enterprise on sat pm at bush and turning it in on monday morning--- a couple we are sailing with are driving to galv on sunday- he will follow me to the car office on monday and then drive me back to the hotel which has a free shuttle to the pier

Archived