Decisions Decisions

pakmount

We are having trouble deciding between the Eastern or Western itineraries. We are looking a the Libery ship. We have done a Western before, but this one is slightly different. Anyone want to tell me which they would prefer and why - maybe that will help me! Thanks!

Both are nice, but if you have done western, do the eastern. We have sailed that same eastern itn. and it is really nice. HMC is absolutely beautiful, makes for a great beach day. San Juan is neat and historic, St. Thomas is pretty, and Grand Turk is also nice. Yes, if you have never done the eastern, do it! The only bad part is that the seas can be rougher than the western, Otherwise this is a nice itn.

IMHO the Eastern route with Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk is NOT TO BE MISSED! Half Moon Cay is pure paradise. I was supposed to be there last September (I was also there Sept 07) but Hurricane Ike made us go West instead of East. Grand Turk is equally a great place. I didn't leave the cruise center, but stayed at Margaritaville for a while and chilled out in the shade!

I am tickled to say I just booked the same route again for January 17, 2010. I know for fact there will be no issues with hurricanes in January...aaaah paradise...

PS: Half Moon Cay is a place to book an excursion as people with excursions were let off the ship first...I had one for 11am, but it didn't matter, I was off the ship and on romping in the water by 9:30am. My tour left at 11 and people were still being brought ashore from the ship 2 hours later!!!! Deck chairs are abundant on the beach, so no worries about hogging deck chairs...

Both are nice, but if you have done western, do the eastern. We have sailed that same eastern itn. and it is really nice. HMC is absolutely beautiful, makes for a great beach day. San Juan is neat and historic, St. Thomas is pretty, and Grand Turk is also nice. Yes, if you have never done the eastern, do it! The only bad part is that the seas can be rougher than the western, Otherwise this is a nice itn.

Exactly the kind of information I am looking for - thanks everyone and keep them coming.

Archived