Best place to stay in Sydney (near terminal)

Alymo1

Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for places near the OPT? We are cruising on the Oriana in February and need one nights accom for the Sunday before. I have looked on Wotif but as I don't know Sydney not sure what is near the OPT and what isn't and it's taking forever to check the maps!

Thanks,

Charmain:)

Hi Charmain....We stayed at Sebel Pier One in December.....booked direct on their site about a month before we needed....i checked their site almost daily for specials and it paid off we got got a very very very good deal that included full breakfast.... it was fantastic and the OPT is a 5 min walk or a 10 min stroll .....lol............away cheers shiona

Hi,

Thanks for all your help and input.

We have been trying to arrange this accommodation for the last three weeks and it has been a real challenge. Each time you ring a Hotel you get a different price!

With the Ibis we have to have two adjoining rooms and worked out too expensive.

Most of the Hotels around the Wharf don't seem to cater for two adults and two kids. They require you to have two rooms

I have contacted the Menzies and their price is $189 room only with no brekkie.

what date do you require, use the link i posted . DO NOT RING THEM, they will quote the high price, We used the internet link and got the night for $149 for a room for 4 , only 3 of us and we got brekkie.

Stevo.

http://www.accorhotels.com.au/availability/default.aspx?hotelcode=2977&utm_campaign=H2977&utm_medium=AU-hotelwebsite&utm_source=Hotelwebsite&utm_content=generic_link

Heres the link for the Menzies, we have just stayed there b4 our cruise on 6th jan on the Rhapsody, we actually got the room for $149 included brekkie, its a 10 minute walk to Circular Quay down hill.

Stevo.

What room type did you book? According to that site a standard room is for 2 adults & a superior room is 2 adults 1 child. We will have 2 children with us.

What room type did you book? According to that site a standard room is for 2 adults & a superior room is 2 adults 1 child. We will have 2 children with us.

We used the link and after its opened we booked the "Summer Free Breakfast Special" its at the bottom, they gave us a standard room, it had 2 doubles in it, i see on the latest dates on the page its $189, but that price was on the site when we booked. We stayed on a Monday and it cost $149. Honestly its a great hotel, gym pool etc etc we have used it b4. We caught a cab from the airport and it cost $40 with a tip.

Stevo.

Hi everyone

I have booked two rooms for night prior to our cruise with queen beds at the Menzies for $149 ea. It is located right across from Wynyard Station and we have decided to come down via rail, so this suits and it is only a short downhill stroll to the dock ( Wharf 8 ) the next day after checkout.

Kerry

Just read this on Ports of call "Aus/NZ thread.

Stevo.

Hi,

We want to stay the night before as close as possible to the wharf.

Can you recommend accomodation for 2 adults and 2 children that is within a budget.

Regards

Robert

we are staying in sydney the day before our cruise in metro apartments darling harbour which is 132-136 sussex street sydney 2 adults 2 children $300 i google earthed it and i think it is within walking distance from the terminal.

Archived