Trip Insurance: CruiseLine or ??????

CondoDiva

I have always used the cruiseline's insurance, but I thought I would try to price it out online at insure my trip dot com I can't believe the difference in price?? Makes me wonder??

Cruiseline charged $500, online $110 (lowest quote. very similar)

Anyone have any advice on Insurance?????

Thanks!!:)

Key to what insurance to buy:

Write a list of what you want covered...

Then compare policies by looking at Inclusions & Exclusions of each policy and then take the one that best matches what coverage you want based on both the Inclusions and Exclusions.

I have always used the cruiseline's insurance, but I thought I would try to price it out online at insure my trip dot com I can't believe the difference in price?? Makes me wonder??

Cruiseline charged $500, online $110 (lowest quote. very similar)

Anyone have any advice on Insurance?????

Thanks!!:)

All trip insurance agencies have different types and coverage but overall they are much cheaper if you purchase yourself.

I always buy third party insurance rather than from the very company I'm buying insurance against. The cruise line is not in the insurance business, so they buy it from someone then mark it up for the "convenience" of providing to you. Insurance through the TA also includes a few bucks for the TA. My observations have been that you may get a similar cost from the TA versus online but the coverages will be slightly less from the TA for the same premium cost due to their commission.

Archived