Arriving back on Explorer on the 4th of July..Fireworks?

doulaamy

I was on the Liberty of the Seas on the 4th of July last year....no fireworks. The ship was decorated in red, white and blue, though.

Aw, that will be awesome for me and my family. We are military and it's our favorite holiday of the year! Thanks so much. I didn't even think about decorations :) Something else WONDERFUL to look forward to!

I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that Disney Cruise Line is the only line that launches fireworks from the ship.

They really are "cool" to quote my kids.

Disney was our first choice, but they don't honor a military discount for reservists. Too bad they'll never get our money. I bet those fireworks are cool though.

I was on Explorer for the 4th of July this past year. we were in New London which is not a normal stop and they had a great little fife and drum group that performed while we docked in addition they had fireboats in the harbor with water shooting straight up in the air. It was a nice day but RCCL did nothing extra special other then take us on the cruise. We did have a great time visiting New London on the 4th.

Mike

I was on Explorer for the 4th of July this past year. we were in New London which is not a normal stop and they had a great little fife and drum group that performed while we docked in addition they had fireboats in the harbor with water shooting straight up in the air. It was a nice day but RCCL did nothing extra special other then take us on the cruise. We did have a great time visiting New London on the 4th.

Mike

Hi, Mike!

When we were in New London along with you last July 4th, we were told that the fife and drum group greets every incoming ship! We had assumed it was just because it was the 4th of July, but they told us it's a regular occurrence. What a nice touch it was.

Archived