Just back from Independence Any ?'s

Did you buy chance purchase any bottled water on the ship, how much do they charge?

Water bottles are around $3.50-$3.95 as I remember. They are large. You can get a discount on water on your sail date. As I remember it was a 25% discount.

Sauna rooms were open to all on our 1/18/09 sailing. All other spa treatments had to be purchased. They do have a three treatment spa package for $99.

Can you describe the sauna rooms?

Can I use the spa showers after I work out in the gym? If so, are there lockers to store my thigs while I am in the gym?

Is there anyone that has been on the Independence 6 day caribbean cruise? I was curious to know if by any chance that they hosted a Meet & Mingle for you? There is a bunch of us from CC that are sailing on March 15th. I know that they normally only do M&M for 7 day cruises. I recall reading seveal months ago that if the numbers were large enough that they would consider doing one. I can't seem to locate where I read that though.

Would anyone have the email address for the CD or Loyal Ambassador for the Independence?

Another question I have is, what is there to do in Costa Maya? Does anyone recommend anything to do there or beaches to go to?

Thanks

Eric

RCC usually sponsors M&M's for sailings of 7 nights. You can always hold your own! We were in Costa Maya this week. As this is the first time we were there post Dean, we wanted to just look around. We took a taxi into town ($3pp). The beaches are beautiful but the water was too cool for us to jump in. There are a few restaurants you could look at. Go to the Costa Maya posts on Cruise Critic and you will have alot of information on what to do. Enjoy and I wish we were back there although the destruction due to the hurricane is still so evident. We have been there 5 times and it hurt to see what damage was done, yet they are working very hard to rebuild and alot of progress has been made.

Just off IOS 1/18 - 6 day. 2 formal nights, day 2 and 5. The remainder of the nights are casual, there is no "smart" casual. I guess less than 30% dressed for first formal night. Only about 50% dressed on last formal night and mostly in suits for men and nice slacks or dresses for ladies. My DH was in his tux and was in the very small minority dressed to the 9's.

No M&M since it is a 6 day cruise. A group from CC got their own cabin crawl, meeting on embarkation day and golf game together. They also had some dinner together.

Archived