Two questions -- Beer and Guys

JeanieTheMom

I figured that title would get some attention.:D

On my last an only cruise, I was with 3 other ladies who don't drink. On my next one, dh is going with me. He doesn't drink a lot, but likes dark beer instead of the normal American ones. Does anyone know what kinds of beer is served?

My sister may get her dh to come, but he's wondering what there is to do on board. Can you guys help and tell me what you do on sea days? I know there's a sports bar, and I'm sure we'd find him there quite a bit, but what else?

Current plan is Freedom, western route. Thanks!

Does anyone know what kinds of beer is served?

Imported Beer

12 oz.

Corona$5.00

Corona Lite$5.00

Heineken$5.00

Heineken Lite$5.00

Amstel Light$5.00

Pilsner Urquell$5.00

Labatt Blue$5.00

Red Stripe$5.00

Beck's$5.00

Stella Artois$5.00

Peroni$5.00

Other Sizes

Bass Ale$5.25

Boddingtons$5.75

Grolsch16 oz$5.75

Guinness Pub Draught$5.75

Foster's Lager750 ml$6.25

I enjoy Becks & Bass personally.

Imported Beer

12 oz.

Corona$5.00

Corona Lite$5.00

Heineken$5.00

Heineken Lite$5.00

Amstel Light$5.00

Pilsner Urquell$5.00

Labatt Blue$5.00

Red Stripe$5.00

Beck's$5.00

Stella Artois$5.00

Peroni$5.00

Other Sizes

Bass Ale$5.25

Boddingtons$5.75

Grolsch16 oz$5.75

Guinness Pub Draught$5.75

Foster's Lager750 ml$6.25

I enjoy Becks & Bass personally.

Thank you. You've made my hubby a happy man!

Depending on what DH considers "dark" beer. In my experience with serving beer at festivals, some people consider ambers to be dark beer.

If he is in that group, he will probably go for a Bass ale. Otherwise, Guinness is as dark as they come.

Also, they can make a black and tan from Bass and Guinness. A nice dark but not too dark compromise.

Cheers!

If he likes a truly dark beer, these will be more up his alley:

I think what Thirsty was trying to say was that the selection of dark beer on Carnival ships is limited. The Conquest has carried Shiner Bock in the past. Hopefully the Ecstasy does also. The Black n Tan suggestion was a good one also.

Tell your hubby to fear not; he will have a great time.

I am in mid-fifties and I thought I would be bored, but not so. Tell him he can go a lounge and listen to live music of almost any style he chooses. Or he can take in some of the goofy amateur talent shows or kareoke; sit by the pool (indoors or out) and enjoy the scenery (if you know what I mean). What I liked most? The bridge club in the afternoons. Or going with my wife for afteroon tea, complete with finger sandwiches and scones with clotted cream. Or just sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. On those sea days, wander the ship, and find out when/where they serve the free ice cream. Or sit in the lounge and read a book. How about an afternoon nap? All true pleasures. And after dinner, be sure to order chocolate melting cake. Mmmmmmmm.

If that doesn't work, you can tell him that the sea makes you feel romantic. If that doesn't get him to go, nothing else will. ;)

Did I miss something?

Why yes, yes you did. After "If he likes a truly dark beer, these will be more up his alley:" I was going to list all the truly dark beers Carnival serves. Unfortunately, there is only one, Guinness. I forgot to proof read. Sorry for the confusion.

Why yes, yes you did. After "If he likes a truly dark beer, these will be more up his alley:" I was going to list all the truly dark beers Carnival serves. Unfortunately, there is only one, Guinness. I forgot to proof read. Sorry for the confusion.

LOL....sounds like the confusion was at your keyboard....LMAO

:p

How many have you had?

:eek:

Archived