Superbowl Help!!

luckynumber6

Does anyyone have any experience with sailing Norwegian during the Superbowl? We will be on the SKY over the Superbowl - at Norwegian's private Island...I have called (2 times) Norwegian and they have said 2 different things.... one being that the game cost $80,000 for televising rights and since they cannot guarentee satelitle connection they will not pay it... then the next time I called they said it will be on as long as there is satelite...and they were able to get the playoff games so there would be no reason that the Super Bowl wouldn't be on....Please, please if you know anything...could you let me know as my husband will not go if the USperbowl is not on... and I will have to figure out what I am doing!

Thanks so much!!!

Does anyyone have any experience with sailing Norwegian during the Superbowl? We will be on the SKY over the Superbowl - at Norwegian's private Island...I have called (2 times) Norwegian and they have said 2 different things.... one being that the game cost $80,000 for televising rights and since they cannot guarentee satelitle connection they will not pay it... then the next time I called they said it will be on as long as there is satelite...and they were able to get the playoff games so there would be no reason that the Super Bowl wouldn't be on....Please, please if you know anything...could you let me know as my husband will not go if the USperbowl is not on... and I will have to figure out what I am doing!

Thanks so much!!!

OK... you can probably count on the Superbowl... They basically turn it into a big party on board. I've cruised during Superbowl week before, and they did have it. I don't think they would pass up the opportunity to sell a ton of drinks etc during the Superbowl! The last time I was on board a ship during the game, they had to show it in the theater there were so many people.

As for satellite, no problems there as well, because for most of the night when the game is on, you will be right outside the Florida coast once you have left GSC.

Customer Service will not have a good idea about the Superbowl.

OK... you can probably count on the Superbowl... They basically turn it into a big party on board. I've cruised during Superbowl week before, and they did have it. I don't think they would pass up the opportunity to sell a ton of drinks etc during the Superbowl! The last time I was on board a ship during the game, they had to show it in the theater there were so many people.

As for satellite, no problems there as well, because for most of the night when the game is on, you will be right outside the Florida coast once you have left GSC.

Customer Service will not have a good idea about the Superbowl

do you think they will do the same for the masters in april? I hope so.

As big of a golf nut as I am, I will NOT be canceling a cruise to watch the final round of the masters.

Do you really think anyone watches golf on television when there is basketball, hockey, baseball, and soccer on as well. Basketball and hockey will be in the playoffs, and European soccer should be finishing up their year. Unless its on ESPN, it won't be shown. No network television, ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox. But they will show the Superbowl. One sports channel aboard, not fifty.

do you think they will do the same for the masters in april? I hope so.

As big of a golf nut as I am, I will NOT be canceling a cruise to watch the final round of the masters.

Glad you have the right priorities, because I do not think the Masters gets quite as much priority as the Superbowl :) Enjoy your cruise and Tivo the masters :)

I think that you asked this question last week, before the game on Sunday. And, there was a woman who said that the playoff's were not broadcast on the Sky. Other's said that they were on other NCL ships, but not the Sky. Sorry I can't be more encouraging, but so far, she's the only one with experience on the Sky during the playoff's and she says "no".

CG

Thanks CruisnGram...

I did post before and lost the posting I guess... but after you just wrote- I searched the Board and found many, many comments about the Super Bowl....and I found the one you were talking about...

It makes sense a bit what one call to NCL said now - that they will not pay the fee... but on the 2nd call - they (even managers) said there would be no reason for it not to be shown....

I finally have managed to get a NCL supervisor to email the ship to have the ship say if they will have it or not....I am to hear back int he next few days....

I think I am going to call again and ask about the whole ESPN and ESPN international thing.....

Anyone else? ..know about he Sky?

They will have the game and have the superbowl parties. They make it a big deal.

They only order network TVs for big games like this, thats why some people at NCL's office might say they won't have it because it costs X dollars to get the satellite for it.

Thank you all for your comments... I must say this whole experience has not made me feel entirely confidant with NCL customer service. Each time I call I get different answers. Just this morning.. I talked to someone that said NCL has not made a decision on if they are purchasing the Superbowl this year. When I asked when the decision would be made, he had no answer... though this was a supervisor - I know they are told what to say. I asked who I could talk to ... to see when a decision would be made or to voice my "want" of the Superbowl...he said there was no one I could talk to - just him.... after some pushing he told me he had to get permission to let me talk to someone else - he took my information, but told me most likely I would not get permission.. I then asked him about who I could talk to if I had a complaint or something and he said just him... I mean he was professional about it and it really wasn't his fault....I also asked him why are they having trouble making the decision this year..and he said he didn't know... I mean I know it has to come down to money.... all industries are hurting a bit..... but for them to not spend the money is ridiculous considering the amount of money that will be spent during the game and also I am sure some people book this cruise over Superbowl on purpose...unlike us who did it by accident....

I know I am venting here, but it is frustrating that they themselves have a million different answers... even one supervisor put an email into the ship to see if they would have the game... though very nice of her.... not the ships decision... it is a corporate decision apparently.... if they get it for one ship all ships get it is how I am understanding it....

Oh well - my fault for having a husband that is a Steeler fanatic and our fault for not seeing that the dates of our cruise matched the Superbowl...

I appreciate everyones input and information here though...

Thanks so much!!!

We were on the Sky during the playoffs and the only way we were able to watch them was by one of the PASSENGERS setting up their laptop to get live stream off the internet. We were able to watch the games the second day of the playoffs that way. I don't know the name of the website that the guy used to get it, but that would be a last resort for your husband. I don't know if it was technically legal, not sure about that. As far as NCL getting the game otherwise??? Who knows, I wouldn't count on it. As I have said several times, the problem is the Sky, which gets a different satellite feed than the rest of the fleet.

Thank you all again...

Carol_Hill -

The SKy did not have the playoffs as I am told as they only get ESPN - NCL apparently only "purchases" the "link" to the SuperBowl not the playoffs.....that is if they do purchase it....the internet is a good idea though... will research that too..... I have seen your other post about this too...

Also, OhioNCLCruiser - you seem to know this stuff.... and appreaciate your help!

How could Sky (aka Aloha) have a different satelite system? I would think if one ship gtes it - they all do - like you said... DO you know anything about different satelite systems?

Thanks!

Thank you all again...

Carol_Hill -

The SKy did not have the playoffs as I am told as they only get ESPN - NCL apparently only "purchases" the "link" to the SuperBowl not the playoffs.....that is if they do purchase it....the internet is a good idea though... will research that too..... I have seen your other post about this too...

Also, OhioNCLCruiser - you seem to know this stuff.... and appreaciate your help!

How could Sky (aka Aloha) have a different satelite system? I would think if one ship gtes it - they all do - like you said... DO you know anything about different satelite systems?

Thanks!

My understanding is that the Sky gets ESPN (regular) not International, because they sail only to the Bahamas, so only get that satellite...

Just got a call at 1:55 PM from NCL... they have officially purchased the Super Bowl to be viewed on all ships. The only problem would be if Satelite gets messed up....

All ships have same satelite so will not matter if they get ESPN or ESPN international...as this is purchased tobe viewed seperately...

Yeah!

I guess my 6 (literally) calls finally awarded me a call back! I want to thank Myles - a supervisor - from NCL who found this out and called me back!

We were on the Majesty in October during the World Series and the satellite reception was sporadic. During some of the games, it would be off for quite awhile. The picture quality wasn't great but we did get to see the Phillies win! (Which was very fun on a ship leaving from Philly)

Archived