Still looking for airfare...Any airline people on here? Any good sales coming up?

staylor

Try expanding your search to other airports. I found airfare out of Akron/Canton (cak) to Ft. Lauderdale (fll) leaving on Saturday, February 5 and returning after 1:00 pm on Sunday, February 13 for $223.00 on Delta Airlines. They also have some flights on AirTran available.

I believe that I live in approx. the same area that you do. If you've never flown out of Canton, it's really a great option. It's an easy drive straight up I-77 as is actually closer than either Columbus or Pittsburgh.

Which airlines are participating in the sale and how far in advance can you book? We're looking for June dates...

It is all the major airlines and I believe June is too far out. The airlines could pull this sale tomorrow, we have no way of knowing.

Every time I have flown to Fla. it has been under $200 (at least 10 times in the past 10 years). Under $240 would make me happy. Why? Do you have a plane? LOL

Yes, I am in Parkersburg.

Thanks Baskets.... I will check again. I have never flown out of Canton/Akron and was a little leary about it. I don't know why...I've flown in the "school bus" that flies out of Parkersburg!

jacanio-:) :) :)

Every time I have flown to Fla. it has been under $200 (at least 10 times in the past 10 years). Under $240 would make me happy. Why? Do you have a plane? LOL

Yes, I am in Parkersburg.

Thanks Baskets.... I will check again. I have never flown out of Canton/Akron and was a little leary about it. I don't know why...I've flown in the "school bus" that flies out of Parkersburg!

jacanio-:) :) :)

I might have missed it, but was there a reason you didnt want to use airtran out of Pit? The prices are $200

You don't need to be afraid to fly out of Canton. I've flown out of Parkersburg several times, and believe me, I prefer Canton over Parkersburg on most flights. Some of the flights from Canton are commuter flights, and others are jets. Check it out. You might be surprised!!! ;)

We are leaving over Spring Break out of St. Louis to Orlando and can't find a decent airfare anywhere. I have been online and calling airlines all day and the best we have found is $349.00/per person. I can't believe that as we have flown several times to Orlando for under 200.00/per person... Anyone know of any other places besides Travelocity, Orbitz, Southwest directly.

The actual dates are March 18 2005 - March 26, 2005

I just saw the post about Sidestep so I am going there now.

If anyone sees anything let me know.

Here is my email address you can notify me.

laurie15341963@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Laurie :confused:

We are leaving over Spring Break out of St. Louis to Orlando and can't find a decent airfare anywhere.

Key words here are "Spring Break". I don't mean to sound facetious, but do you think you are the only ones that are travelling that week? In the market that I sell (Hartford), at 330 days before February's winter break and April's Spring Break, about one third of the seats on preferable timed flights get sold. If there are very few seats left on flight from St. Louis to Orlando, prices are not going to come down. If anything, they are going to get more expensive.

On a good day, during off peak times, during a sale, people in the Hartford area know that they can get to Florida for as little as $150. They are then shocked and disgusted when they find out the same flight on a weekend during a holiday or school vacation will now cost them $400. People have begun planning February school break in March and April school break in May.

Laurie,

Try expanding your search. Are there other airports other than St. Louis that you can fly out of? Also, in Florida, if you rent a car and drop it at the office near Pt. Canaveral, there are several car rental agencies that offer free shuttles to the port. If I remember correctly, there are more than two of you, so renting a car is probably cheaper. Anyway, if you rent a car, you may check out airports other than Orlando. In just doing a quick search, there is airfare into Jacksonville for the dates you are looking for 239.00 per person on USAir. Yes, it's a farther drive, but it may well be worth the 100.00 per person savings..... :) :)

Archived