Still looking for airfare...Any airline people on here? Any good sales coming up?

staylor

What city are you flying out of? I am still looking for airfare for a couple that has decided to join us. We purchased our airfare almost two months ago for our cruise in April. If I run across anything in my searches I will post on here for you.

Leaving Columbus or Pittsburgh on Feb. 5 to Miami and returning after 12:00 on Feb. 13th.

I have tried several online sites, I am getting $333 for returning flights after noon. If we could leave earrlier it would be alot less expensive.

P.S. In addition, I am not comportable with the amount of $666. Feels like a bad omen. :eek:

Thanks!!!!

Me too!!

Still looking for decent fare from Kansas City to John Wayne (Orange County) or Long Beach. Departing March 11 and returning March 20th. If any airline folks are out there and can give me an idea if these darn rates are ever going to DROP......that would be great!!!

www.airtran.com has great prices for the dates you need. You can fly into FLL for $186pp/rt or into MIA for $200pp/rt. That is some awesome rates and I would jump on them right away. They use 717's which are great planes. I have used Air Tran many times with no problems at all.

When you find a rate you like, go for it because it might not be there later. When I was looking for airfare, the times I wanted were quite a bit more expensive than the other flights (I wanted early flights into New Orleans, late afternoon coming home). One day, they were the same price as the other departures so I booked. A few days later, they were off the discounted list. Just keep looking. Good luck.

I talked to a travel agent the other day about booking air to Hawaii this summer. She told me to wait until six months before I want to travel to book. This is because that's when they start getting lots of special prices loaded into their computer. Then, as bookings occur, the prices inch up. If they trickle, the prices stay the same, or even drop. However, airlines are consoldating flights, so six months seems right. Seeing how you want to fly in March, you better get cracking on a getting a flight. Check every site, and, if necessary, priceline bids every two days 'til you get what you want. Last Aug, I was struggling to find cheap fare from Reno to Miami. My goal was $300, yet all the sites had $380 as cheapest. After many attempts with priceline, I got normal, daytime flights via AA for $303. Now, all the flights are going for $500 and up.

Still there? Check out the price of the flight trip you want from Hotwire. SUbtract 20% from that amount and bid it on Priceline.com. Hey, worked for me!

Lastily, you might want to try flying into LAX,a s it is often cheaper. Long beach airport is pretty dinky ( I used to live near it) and Orange County, although it doesn't seem farther, can be a frick'in bear to get from. The traffic is always bad.

LAX is relatively close to Long Beach and because of its size, everyone and there motehr flies there, thus you benefit from competition

Airtran is down to $200 from PIT to Miami right now. We fly alot from Orlando to PIT and PIT to Orlando to visit family. After USair started having financial problems we switched to Airtran and have had no problems. I find that their prices are usually best around 5 weeks out. I've booked these flights as low as $120 round trip and the rates for Orlando and Miami seem to be similar. I booked last week for our December trip at around $180 and the rates were down to $140 this morning.

Linda

Oops just noticed that the departing flight from Miami isn't until 6:35pm.

I have tried several online sites, I am getting $333 for returning flights after noon. If we could leave earrlier it would be alot less expensive.Thanks!!!!

You might save money by staying an extra day and flying out early the next morning. You could find a hotel that is cheaper than the rate savings on the airline tickets and still come out ahead.

I have heard that the airlines post their flight prices at midnight on Tuesdays. That is supposedly the best time to check prices.

I let SideStep search for me because it will look at other dates, other airports, and it will check funky airlines that other search engines won't check. However, I still havent found a decent fare trying anything and everything from KC to Long Beach. We may be forced to go into LAX which is a VERY last resort. Really don't want to drag my kids thought LA mess.

Is there any reason why you don't want to go to LAX? I have never had a probelm with LAX. In addition, the traffic from LAX to Long Beach will be better than the traffic from JW. Also, it will likely be cheaper to fly to. Best of all, you are most likely to get that most treasured of all airline flight wonders- a non stop flight!

I would be careful with Independence... they are doing all they can to avoid Chapter 11, but we've all seen this one before!

Check airfare Wednesday night after midnight... typically that is when they make changes, I have been able to find good airfare mid week, middle of the night :D Good luck!

I'll set my alarm.....I don't know why I get all stressed over airfare. I don't mind paying more for great, direct flights at great departure times......I would just FREAK if it dropped $100 the next day, though.

I hope one day they will quit playing this crazy airfare game, up and down, up and down, lets just set a fee and move on.......( a low one though)

This is what I do when it comes to booking air. I set a price in my mind that I'm willing to pay. Of course, if I'm looking for air to Florida in winter, I expect to pay more than in September. When I see a price I can live with, I book it and don't look back (well, sometimes I look back because some airlines offer you a future travel voucher if the price drops).

I was looking for air from Newark Liberty Airport to Rome for next September. I wanted non-stop flights only. I kept checking Sidestep, and when I found Continental Airlines for $684 pp RT, I booked. Ten minutes after booking, the price went up to $984. Now it's $995. I had hoped it would go below $600 pp, and it may as the date gets closer, but it was the flight I wanted, non-stop, from the airport I wanted, so I went ahead and booked. I can live with the price, so I won't cry if it goes down a bit later on. At least I know I've got my air taken care of.

We have always flown into John Wayne airport to avoid LAX. It has always been so calm, clean and nice I guess we got spoiled. We have relatives in Huntington Beach who will be picking us up from the airport and they begged us not to go into LAX because of the nightmare congestion. I think we are going to have to do it anyway:(

Archived