Carnival Dropped the Ball when guy died.

steven41782

Try not peeing for a day and you may reconsider "just a prostate problem"

Why do guys wait until it gets this bad? An enlarged prostate will cause you to have to go more often. When it gets large enough to shut down the system, you have had it a while and probably have had symptoms you have been ignoring.

Not that any of this has to do with Carnival. You men need to take better care of themselves.

This is not in regard to the young man that just passed away because I have no idea.

Maybe people who are couch potatoes during their "normal" life should not be out playing basketball, zip lining, and doing out strenuous activities that they are not use to doing. You can't just get up off the couch and go run a marathon. I am sure this contributes to the amount of heart attacks on a cruise ship. We did a lot of walking a stair climbing, and we were relaxing.

yes, i read what you wrote...you did not mention 3rd degree burns...many times, when people collaps, you are instructed not to move them so you don't cause more injury to them. of course, if they are in a pool drowning, or a burning car, then i would assume it's okay to move them.

I'm not going to debate about patient care. All I said was you might want to move him if the ground was very hot. In this guys case, I doubt anything would have changed the outcome...no matter how fast they got to him. He was a ticking time bomb.

Go back and read post #120.

Even with a law to protect her, the woman was found responsible for her friends paralysis.

Dan

Even with a law to protect her, the woman was found responsible for her friends paralysis.

Dan

I think you should go back and read the posts a little more carefully......you posted a quote that I never even said....:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakieemma viewpost.gif

yes, i read what you wrote...you did not mention 3rd degree burns...many times, when people collaps, you are instructed not to move them so you don't cause more injury to them. of course, if they are in a pool drowning, or a burning car, then i would assume it's okay to move them.

The above quote was NOT mine...:rolleyes:

I know what the laws says about Good Samaritans...As a medic I am covered under that law...still, I would never stop to render care, mainly because you still risk a law suit.

Good Samaritan law or not...you are open to prosecution. They will be claiming that, because you were trained, you should have known better than to do XYZ to the victim, thus causing more injury. I'm not going there !;)

I think you should go back and read the posts a little more carefully......you posted a quote that I never even said....:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakieemma viewpost.gif

The above quote was NOT mine...:rolleyes:

I know what the laws says about Good Samaritans...As a medic I am covered under that law...still, I would never stop to render care, mainly because you still risk a law suit.

Good Samaritan law or not...you are open to prosecution. They will be claiming that, because you were trained, you should have known better than to do XYZ to the victim, thus causing more injury. I'm not going there !;)

Sorry, the quote you quoted, was not in the quote box so I attributed the quote to you rather than you quoting someone else's quote. Sorry that I misquoted the quote that you quoted.

Dan

Dan

I know what lawsuit you are referring to. But there were loopholes in her story. The car was not burning, she only thought it might explode. She then dragged her out of the car and layed her right next to it. Why in the world would she lay her next to a car that was going to explode:rolleyes:

Please make sure you and your family members get training.

Everyone in my family is CPR certified, has been trained to work the portable defib units and we all have basic first aid knowledge.

We assume if something happens to one of us we may be left to handle the situation on our own at least temporarily.

We are also ready to step in and assist a stranger in an emergency situation.

Contact your local Red Cross office. They will even arrange to come to your location and train a group at a very affordable cost.

That is really sad. Not to start ragging on Carnival but thought I would share something that happened a couple years ago on Glory with us. We went with 2 other couples (our very good friends) & the second to last night on the ship my female friend started having terrible pains (she said she felt like she was dying) Her husband took her down to the infirmary where they diagnosed her with a kidney stone. When she got off the ship, she went directly to the hospital in Port Canaveral because she was still in serious pain and they told her that she did not have a kidney stone and that they could not find anything wrong. Well, when she arrived home in NC after riding in the car for 12 hours in horrible pain she once again ended up at the ER and had to have emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. Doctor said 1 more day and she would not have made it!:eek: Very, very scary! Not something I would want to be misdiagnosed with, although without the right equipment it can be easily missed!

I too had an ectopic pregnancy back in 1986 although I was home and under doctor's care. Within 1 1/2 weeks I was in the hospital going through emergency surgery. That was a very, very scary thing to go through.

I know what lawsuit you are referring to. But there were loopholes in her story. The car was not burning, she only thought it might explode. She then dragged her out of the car and layed her right next to it. Why in the world would she lay her next to a car that was going to explode:rolleyes:

My fault, Believing a media report is silly of me. In my defense, I thought it might have some accuracy since no large, deep pockets company was mentioned.

Oh well, I was due to be wrong about something!:D

Dan

WOW what this thread has gone to! WAYYYY OFFF BASE!

What's different about this? Kinda like, I don't cruise ???? line because a friend of a relative, which didnt actually see it, but they were told that ???? line allowed passengers to .........

Same thing happens in daily life. When we try to explain things, we pull up experiences, not exactly the same, but similar none the less. Eventually, most threads do this, although that may not be a totally bad thing.

My fault, Believing a media report is silly of me. In my defense, I thought it might have some accuracy since no large, deep pockets company was mentioned.

Oh well, I was due to be wrong about something!:D

Dan

The sad thing is they were both out drinking that night. Which I'm sure hindered their thinking process. The accident victim is lucky she is even alive.......

Who knows maybe she was not very fond of her co worker to begin with........

But I know I would never try to pull or move an accident victim.......just try to make them as comfortable as you can until help arrives.:)

On the other hand I have used the Heimlich maneuver successfully I might add:)

What was said when the call was placed makes a big difference.

"Hi, I'm up on the sun deck and a guy that was playing basketball is now laying on the ground. We need someone to help him up here." Operator is thinking that the guy sprained his ankle and needs a splint and crutches, maybe a wheelchair.

"Hey, we need HELP on the Sun Deck, a man on the basketball court was holding his chest and just collapsed. I think he had a heart attack. He is NOT breathing." This would probably get the right equipment and personnel there faster.

Horrible stuff! This is not good nor right. I truly believe the doctors on ships are not qualified and are doctor "rejects" from the real world where they couldn't make it in their own practices. I think they are second rate doctors and most of them are from other countries.

Or they have done something that has made them uninsurable in the standard medical malpractice insurance industry and can only practice at sea where they are covered by special insurance policies.

P.S. This thread just reinforces the importance of spending that extra $50 for trip insurance with med-evac coverage!!

The sad thing is they were both out drinking that night. Which I'm sure hindered their thinking process. The accident victim is lucky she is even alive.......

But I know I would never try to pull or move an accident victim.......just try to make them as comfortable as you can until help arrives.:)

And did the person you gave the Heimlich to sue you for the dinner they didn't get to eat when you disloged it from his/her throat?:confused:

And did the person you gave the Heimlich to sue you for the dinner they didn't get to eat when you disloged it from his/her throat?:confused:

LOL! No. Actually it was at a concert and she was choking on a hot dog.......which went flying over the next row of people:D She just laughed about it and kept on parting...never even got a thank you:(

But I can guarantee she was sore the next day:D

I made a note:

K,

gives good Heimlich!

Dan

Archived