Pre cruise hotel in fll???

mammy

Anyone have any tips on where to stay in fll. I prefer a smaller more quaint place but am open to all suggestions. Lauderdale by the sea is where we were looking and holy cow it's expensive:eek:

Mammy,

Last January we sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale and we wanted something a little more quaint and not a big hotel. I found a place in Hollywood, about 15 minutes from the airport and Port Everglades. It's called the DeSoto Oceanview Inn. It was a real "Florida" kind of place, nice efficiency apartment type room with very "friendly" amenities, like computer use, videos to watch, books and games in an armoir on the porch, free use of bicycles to ride on the boardwalk, use of beach chairs, umbrellas, even sunglasses if you forgot your own. They have a little basket of them. Most importantly, less than a block from the ocean. Really a unique and wonderful place.

We stayed for 2 days before our cruise and will stay there again.

Here's the website: http://www.thedesoto.com/OceanviewInn/default.html

Give it a look. The owner, Steve is just a really great guy.

Tim

Mammy,

Last January we sailed on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale and we wanted something a little more quaint and not a big hotel. I found a place in Hollywood, about 15 minutes from the airport and Port Everglades. It's called the DeSoto Oceanview Inn. It was a real "Florida" kind of place, nice efficiency apartment type room with very "friendly" amenities, like computer use, videos to watch, books and games in an armoir on the porch, free use of bicycles to ride on the boardwalk, use of beach chairs, umbrellas, even sunglasses if you forgot your own. They have a little basket of them. Most importantly, less than a block from the ocean. Really a unique and wonderful place.

We stayed for 2 days before our cruise and will stay there again.

Here's the website: http://www.thedesoto.com/OceanviewInn/default.html

Give it a look. The owner, Steve is just a really great guy.

Tim

Thanks Tim:) do they have safes in the rooms?? I have been scouring the web site for days now and can't find anything available, without paying 300 a night:rolleyes: we will be there 4 days pre cruise

Thanks Tim:) do they have safes in the rooms?? I have been scouring the web site for days now and can't find anything available, without paying 300 a night:rolleyes: we will be there 4 days pre cruise

You know, I don't really remember, but I don't think so. Maybe the manager has a safe you can you, but I guess that might not be so "safe." :D

I think their price is, according to the website, $175 a night. Now, whether or not they will have availability is another thing.

If you're renting a car, you're all set. Not really much to walk to besides the ocean.

Let us know what you do.

Tim

Thanks guys just booked villa venezia 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms family run, great reviews and beautiful accomodations, will check it out and let everyone know when I return, Oh great prices too:p

I hope it is just a great way to start off our cruise, thanks for all your help

We stayed at the new Hyatt Place last year, and it was quite nice (and within about a mile and a half of the port). This year we stayed at the Embassy Suites, also within approximately the same distance to the pier and also very nice!

Anyone have any tips on where to stay in fll. I prefer a smaller more quaint place but am open to all suggestions. Lauderdale by the sea is where we were looking and holy cow it's expensive:eek:

Lauderdale Beachside Hotel is under $200/night and has AAA and AARP rates for even less. I don't know what the rooms are like. It is right on the beach, but there is one building across the street from the beach. There are 2 bldgs, but it is not a big place. We sometimes hang out at the beach there on weekends because they have a beach bar and grill and entertainment. It is about 4 blocks walk to the Commercial Blvd restaurants and is across the street from Publix and CVS.

Archived