norwegian jade wine prices?

raybigblue

hi everyone

great forum, my family are travelling on the jade this summer from southampton to barca we enjoy our wine at dinner,but have heard some horror stories about the price of a bottle , could a previous traveller please leave some idea about costs of an average bottle of plonk,first time on ncl so any tips would be much appreciated. also my son has to drink just diluted orange juice ie with no additives. would it be ok to take this to dinner pre mixed in a bottle?

many thanks:)

We were on Jade in the summer and the prices started at around $28-not bad when the exchange rate was $2=£1, but less fun these days. We were a bit stupid the 1st night and relied on the wine waiter, then found he'd opened a bottle of $60-plus 15%, when we'd only wanted a glass to try! After that we always bought by the glass which was around $6-what I'd pay in a pub-and tried many different ones. They will always tell you to buy the whole bottle but you can't always find out the price, especially in the buffet. It was our stupid fault anyway! This time we'll be drinking wine and beer ashore, being in the Med, and the odd glass with dinner. Cheers!-jocap.

You should have no problems taking a bottle of juice (to be diluted) onto the ship. I would suggest taking along a thermos type mug for taking the (already made up) juice to the dining room.

The wine list does have some "reasonably" priced bottles - starting about $28 as the previous poster said. 15% will be added to this. Just ask for the wine list. An alternative is that you can carry on wine if you want and pay $15 corkage per standard bottle.

If you buy a bottle, and only drink a glass or 2 at dinner, they will tag the remainder with your cabin number, and put it back in the wine cellar. You will be given a receipt. The next night at dinner, when you present the receipt, then the waiter can retreive the bottle of wine for you. You don't have to go back to the same restaurant, as they will get it for you from any of the dining rooms.

Cheers!

Archived