Not 1X..are there other options?

cod

There is a review that mentions purchasing a package that includes 4 or 5 (?) bottles of wine and several bottles of water. This sounds very different that 1X and more 'up our alley'. Does anyone have more info on this and is it available on all cruises?

Thanks!

You can use them whereever bar service is available, that said, sure you can get wine and water in the dining room using the tickets.

Are you talking about the X1, or the "gift set" drink packages?

If you buy the package with 5 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of water, this isn't something they deliver to your cabin? You just get tickets and claim them for bottles of wine and water at bars or with meals?

Hi,

I wa talking about the wine-packages. You get tickets and with these tickets you get your wine and / or water in every bar or from bar service at dinner.

A couple at our table used them last cruise and were quite happy about it.

We are about to order one (or two) wine packages for our cruise in April. From what i've read i believe the bottles can be redeemed during dinner, at a bar or sent to your cabin. Hope i'm right.:confused:

We are about to order one (or two) wine packages for our cruise in April. From what i've read i believe the bottles can be redeemed during dinner, at a bar or sent to your cabin. Hope i'm right.:confused:

You get a book of coupons which you can exchange at a bar, during lunch / dinner at have them sent to your cabin. Having them sent to your cabin wil most likely to incur a Room Service Charge (only breakfast in the cabin is free of any charges).

Ron

Just returned from Costa Serena in Europe. The wine packages were available in the Costa terminal and on the ship. 4 bottles of wine and 7 of water cost 69 Euro. It was done using a sheet of tickets which could be presented individually at any bar or in the restaurants. Could then take the bottle with us or leave what hadn't been drunk to finish another time.

That would be the best of the options for us. Sometimes we want wine and sometimes we don't, so we can opt to use 1 of 4 when we decide we want to!

One more question. What are the wine choices? Can you order off their wine list within a certain price range or is it just a white or red option..sort of like a bottle of house wine?

Thanks again!!

The packages are for 4 different wines - 2 white and 2 red. We preferred one of the reds so we just crossed out whatever was on the ticket and made it that one - this was perfectly acceptable. The wines weren't exceptional but OK. I believe the single bottle price for them was 22 Euro plus 15% service charge. The package price of 69 Euros included the service charge.

Thanks all. I went back to 'special services' and this time I went all through the options and found the multi-bottle packages towards the bottom of the list. The two they offer contain 5 bottles plus the bottled water. This sounds great for us.

I'm going to call Costa and get the prices and I'll report back with what I learn.

Thanks again...now I know exactly what to ask for as both packages have a name.

A very nice gentleman at Costa emailed the entire 'special services' price list to me last night.

For anyone interested...

Wine Package "SPECIAL SELECTION" is $159.00

Wine Package "CLASSIC SELECTION" SHORT is $128.80

Plus, I want to add that the couple of times I called Costa with a question (we actually booked with an internet agency) they have been very, very nice and have gone out of their way to try and be helpful. I wanted to say this since I've read so many comments otherwise.

Archived