Early Saver OBC Denied

rcoaster809

Last night I was looking at the cost of my cruise and I noticed that Carnival's website now shows the Early Saver rates. The cost of the Early Saver went $40 per person from when I booked about a week ago. I filled out the Early Saver Protection form last night, and got an email today saying that my "Best Price Guarantee" has been denied.

The issue is that I know I don't qualify for a "Best Price Guarantee" reduction, that is why I submitted the "Early Saver Price Protection" form. They are two separate forms, but it seems they denied me for wrong one! I copied the email I recieved. Keep in mind that I submitted the EARLY SAVER form, not the "Best Price Guarantee" that is refered to in the email.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please be advised your Best Price Guarantee claim has been denied as it does not fall under the guidelines required for adjustment. Please visit our website at http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/guarantee.aspx?WT.mc_id=Bhmgpgnewnotablepriceguarantee for further details regarding our 110% Best Price Guarantee. The rate provided was not found as advertised. Our wish is that you have the best cruise possible and continue to sail with Carnival.

Thanks again for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines.

Regards,

Carnival Online Community

I've been checking the rates for about 3 weeks on the CCL website and today is the first time I've seen the Early Saver rates. We're looking at either the Fantasy or the Fascination and you're right, prices have dropped but it's $50 pp in my case. My only concern about booking is the deposit is over half the cost of the entire cruise:eek:. I hate putting out that much for a deposit that is nonrefundable.

Sounds like this "Early Savers Rate" program is working out well. I hope Carnival gets it fixed before it becomes a problem. After a few months and a few cruises I'm sure someone will give us their opinion about how it goes. :)

I've been checking the rates for about 3 weeks on the CCL website and today is the first time I've seen the Early Saver rates. We're looking at either the Fantasy or the Fascination and you're right, prices have dropped but it's $50 pp in my case. My only concern about booking is the deposit is over half the cost of the entire cruise:eek:. I hate putting out that much for a deposit that is nonrefundable.

I noticed the same thing. 1/20 was the first time that I noticed the Early Savers Rate on my May 30, 2009. I check it everyday, sometimes 2x a day. Not doubting you, but are you 100% you used the new program when you booked. You have to had booked with the program in order to recieve the obc using their form. I apologize if you used it, and didnt mean to offend.

GL

I don't know about getting the OBC, but some of these prices are damn tempting for me. My partner and I looked tonight and saw that we can do the Fascination to Half Moon Cay and Nassau, in an ocean view cabin on the Empress deck for about $550 total (for both of us). Considering Jacksonville is an easy 5.5 hour drive for us it is almost a no brainer. The only catch is that the cruise is on Sept 5th and we would be tempting the Hurricane Gods. Still, it is very doable price and time wise. I am not sure if I should call and book it tomorrow because of the sail date.

If you booked the early saver rate last week (yes it came out last week on Monday), and then the price dropped you should be able to get the money off of final payment, not OBC. Call whomever you booked with.

You shouldnt have made final payment yet, so the money would come off what you owe.

I don't know about getting the OBC, but some of these prices are damn tempting for me. My partner and I looked tonight and saw that we can do the Fascination to Half Moon Cay and Nassau, in an ocean view cabin on the Empress deck for about $550 total (for both of us). Considering Jacksonville is an easy 5.5 hour drive for us it is almost a no brainer. The only catch is that the cruise is on Sept 5th and we would be tempting the Hurricane Gods. Still, it is very doable price and time wise. I am not sure if I should call and book it tomorrow because of the sail date.

I was on the Sept 7th Conquest Ike cruise, so I'd be the last person to tell anyone don't worry about a hurricane after losing my car. I always thought the worst would be missing ports, never occured to me I could lose my car and stuff in it.

If you booked the early saver rate last week (yes it came out last week on Monday), and then the price dropped you should be able to get the money off of final payment, not OBC. Call whomever you booked with.

You shouldnt have made final payment yet, so the money would come off what you owe.

Thats not how the policy works, regardless of when final payment is made, all you get is OBC.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/EarlySaver.aspx

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit.

Archived