S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Deck - 6

Cabin # - 6156

Class – 2C

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Occasional whirring type noise heard early in evenings, but not very loud and noise didn't last for long

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Lifeboat davit at left of balcony protrudes slightly above, but had little effect on view outwards. Lifeboat below balcony restricts direct downward view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize, however because of lifeboat davit at front left of balcony, this balcony is not quite as large as those directly above. This is not shown in deckplans, however the balcony is larger than normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No real problems.

Any other comments? Be aware that there is no privacy screen between this cabin's balcony and the cabin next door which protrudes out further on the hump (6254), so that if people in the adjoining cabin go to the end of their balcony and look back they can see directly into your balcony and room. I think this is due to the position of the lifeboat davit. Wasn't a problem for us as we had good neighbours, but something to be aware of.

Deck - 6 Eclipse

Cabin # - 6146

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very Quiet

Balcony View - Good View, looking down to Deck 5 promenade - next stateroom 6148 has partially obstructed downward view

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Any other comments? Close to forward elevators - no noise problems

Solstice 7255

Deck - 7 Sunrise

Cabin # - 7255

Class – 2B

Starboard or Port Side - port midships

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony, which we much liked

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – non-connecting and quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – unobstructed but lifeboats are straight down

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin? like the others, access to closet is tight and awkward

Any other comments?

easy access to atrium elevators and internet room Edited by paulabs
add title

Booked 1206 and 1208 both C1 rooms for the 24th August. Offer for over 55's and seems like a real bargain. Now realise that soot may be a problem and also being overlooked. Any views on this. Please excuse me writing this as a question'

Sue

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1269

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side Aft

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view all round

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems at all

Any other comments Would book this cabin again

Deck - 10 Sky

Cabin # - 1154

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quite

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Excellent view all round

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No problems at all

Any other comments?Would book this cabin again.

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2151

Class – S1

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – occasional noises from deck above; mainly the sound of chairs being pulled. Did not bother us.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – aft cabin, no obstrution

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal for an aft corner cabin

Was wind a problem? on some days

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? The cabin was bright and spacious; had lots of drawers for storage. We also didn't mind the walk to the elevators. Didn't seem as long as others have indicated. Being on the same deck as the pool and just one deck below Oceanview Cafe, it was quite convenient.

Check this link: http://effli.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/celebrity-eclipse-summer-baltics-cruise/ for pictures of the ship and the cabin

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8256

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – view from aft side of hump, could not see forward, small boat (not life boat) 3 decks below, but not obstructing view of water. You can see other passengers balconies, but only when standing at the far right edge of railing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - very large balcony, almost 3 times the depth of standard size.

Was wind a problem? No wind

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Na

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 1112

Deck #: 10

Class: CS

Area: Starboard

Bed near: Bath

Quiet?: Very Quiet

Balcony view: Unrestricted

Balcony size: Large enough for a table w/ 2 chairs, a lounger, and a chaise; really nice.

Wind a problem?: No

Soot a problem?: No

Problems/comments: Celebrity Suite; very nice and would highly recommend. Rain shower was awesome. Lots of storage. Sitting room was comfortable for us and our two teenage sons to relax in. I had wondered if the adjoining CS balcony might be better (larger plus being on the ‘angle’ of the hump looking forward) but our view was equally great and was much more private than being on the angle of the hump, so we preferred.

Ship: Equinox

Cabin #: 1108

Deck #: 10

Class: C1

Area: Starboard

Quiet?: Yes

Balcony size: Larger than average, on the forward angle of the hump

Problems/comments: Our 2 teenage sons shared this room. With the beds in the twin configuration, it felt a little tight. A little light on storage space. Otherwise, a great room in a great location.

can you tell me if you got any sun on the balcony

1154 was my Father in Laws cabin & he said that he got the sun. We were in cabin 1269 & we got the sun later on in the day. I was worried that the overhang from deck 12 may affect or balcony, but there was no problem.:)

Solstice balcony 9362

Ship: Solstice

Deck: 9

Class: Conceirge

Area: aft area of ship

Bed near: bathroom, sofa near balcony

Quiet?: yes

Balcony size: normal

Problems/comments: Liked having the bed near bathroom and the open area near the balcony.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin #: 9368

Deck #: 9

Class: inside

Area: aft area of ship

Bed near: rear of cabin

Quiet?: yes, despite the "icemaker" room next door

Balcony view: none

Balcony size:

Problems/comments: Our 2 teenage sons shared this room. Ample storage room. No couch, one chair and one desk chair.

Equinox

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9268

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - Midship Starboard facing forward on the Hump

Quiet Cabin – NO! :( See comments

Balcony View – View was fine

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Location on mid hump so balcony was larger than normal, but the smaller of the two sizes of larger balconies. Plenty of room with no tunnel effect looking out from the stateroom.

Was wind a problem? - Not that we noticed. I guess it could be windy when the ship is moving.

Any specific problems with this cabin? Our stateroom was inundated with noise from a small storage room (that no one has mentioned) just outside our door, and connected to our bathroom wall. The stewards were always in that closet getting something out. The storage room also backs up to 9266, so I imagine that stateroom also gets noise. Seems that there was another storage room outside of 9264. These storage rooms are not reflected on the deck plans.

Along with the storage room noise, when our neighbors opened their door, it sounded like ours was being opened. :eek: Additionally, the wall would shake when they closed the door. I think that the configuration of the staterooms with doors being next to each other is the problem. On other cruiselines, there is a wall space between stateroom doors.

Any other comments? Stateroom is near the elevators, and you have to walk through the card room to get to and from stateroom (which feels weird at first) or take the long way down the hall.

NOTE: We heard no noise from the card room or the elevators. ;)

We loved the location of the bed near the balcony. Gave the stateroom a more open feel. Easy to go from dressing table to bathroom when ladies are getting ready.

Sofa is comfortable, but too long. Makes getting into the cramped closet very hard.

The bedside tables were adequate for our needs. There was also enough storage and we packed heavy for an 11 night Mediterranean cruise.

2011MedCruiseandRome166.jpg

2011MedCruiseandRome167.jpg

2011MedCruiseandRome174-2.jpg

MORE

947085430_2011MedCruiseandRome162.jpg.244e945eb915c2391d4911a6b8283643.jpg

991055987_2011MedCruiseandRome161.jpg.fc68e81830efbe20aad8c14f309ff04b.jpg

671027493_2011MedCruiseandRome171.jpg.e87a114a1797704cd39d35b5d9cafd15.jpg

1903780514_2011MedCruiseandRome169.jpg.0cd08ce56e4a4745b51a7b8bcd54cf0d.jpg

631021264_2011MedCruiseandRome163.jpg.7df2fda127e58ff0d6910e12f6f76055.jpg

Edited by CruisinManiac

Equinox 1641

Cabin # 1641

Deck 11

Aqua Class

Bed near Bath

VERY Quiet

Unobstructed view

Normal size balcony

One of my big concerns is noise. I don't want to be near the stairs or the elevator. I don't want to be under or over any of the noisier places on the ship. I don't want to be in a busy section of the hallway. This cabin was perfect.

But please keep in mind that it is NOT located close to the Relaxation Room or the spa. It is a long walk....pretty much to the other end of the ship. So if this bothers you, find a different location. We LIKE long walks....and it helps burn up some of those calories!

Deck : Resort (12)

Cabin # 2106

Class: Concierge 2

Starboard or Port Side: Starboard

Bed near?: Near the balcony; this allowed ample room near the closet and BR for dressing, etc.

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ): Very quiet. No noise from BR/Oceanview Cafe right above.

Balcony View: We could see forward and aft without really leaning out. It was gorgeous for sunsets, ports, etc.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was HUGE! Much bigger than either of our neighbors. It's a 'hump' cabin. We loved it even though we truly didn't utilize the size.

Was wind a problem? Never... although we didn't leave anything outside when we weren't there to find out if it would blow away.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Not an aft cabin and no soot.

Any specific problems with this cabin? None... great location just off the midship elevators.

Any other comments? Great location, quiet, easy to get to the pool, smoking area (for my husband) and the Oceanview Cafe(so my husband could run up and get me a cappicino while I got dressed). Plus we went to the gym most days and it was a straight shot. Convenient to elevators to get to 3, 4, 5 where all the action seemed to be. Also, if something good was there to see on the other side of the ship, we just walked out the door and across the lobby and we were able to see everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the latest updates to the S-Class Cabin spreadsheet, divided into two parts due to size of the files.

Please don't forget to include SHIP NAME in your cabin review.

Please use the form below to post your review. (Do not use the original form created by Mysticks as the spreadsheet has been modified along the way as additional S Class ships were added.)

I hope we will soon have Silhouette cabin reports to add to the spreadsheet!

Please email me if you would like the Excel version. As always let me know if you find any errors, typographical or otherwise.

S Class Cabins 7-24-11, Cabins 1002 to 3154.pdf

S Class Cabins 7-24-11, Cabins 6103 - 9382.pdf

Edited by librarylady19

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 8262

Deck #: Vista

Class: 1C / Deluxe Balcony

Area: Midship

Balcony view: Restricted forward by the hump

Balcony size: Normal

Problems/comments: Very nice location, being Midship. View forward is a bit limited, but nothing dramatic.

Ship: Silhouette

Cabin #: 8262

Deck #: Vista

Class: 1C / Deluxe Balcony

Area: Midship

Balcony view: Restricted forward by the hump

Balcony size: Normal

Problems/comments: Very nice location, being Midship. View forward is a bit limited, but nothing dramatic.

CONGRATULATIONS -- Silhouette Report #1:D

Ship: Eclipse

Cabin #: 2144

Deck #: Resort Deck (12)

Class: C2 Concierge

Area: Starboard, Rear

Bed near: Bathroom

Balcony view: Good

Balcony size: Last starboard cabin… balcony angled out and as a result, a little bigger than “normal” balcony. Since we were on the deck right below the overhang, it kept us out of the sun which was nice since it gets pretty hot in the Caribbean.

Comments: 1st X cruise. C2 cabin similar in size to D cabins on Royal. I think Royal has better storage for luggage, clothing, and such but we really liked the bigger shower and the more deluxe items in the bathroom and the granite counter-top in the cabin at the desk area was a nice touch. Also, flat screen tv and television system on ship were nice (when we got around to watching)

Tim