Solstice Questions

RhondaPerr

I don't know that I understand your question. I'll tell you my experience with debarkation, maybe that will be what you're looking for.

On Saturday night we put our luggage outside our door before 11pm. It was collected and we didn't see it again until we were off the ship.

As we exited the ship there were valets there with luggage carts. I engaged one, told him the number that was on my luggage, and he took me to that area. I pointed out our four pieces, he took those and my carry on (carry off?) and off we went to customs. He found a line that was much shorter than the others. We were through customs and outside in less than 5 minutes.

I told him that I had a relative picking me up, he took me to the right place and set the luggage down curbside. I gave him a tip and off he went for the next person.

I believe luggage valet is when they can issue your boarding pass for your flights and then tag your bags for the flight. You shepherd your bags through customs and then surrender them to the airline personnel in the cruise terminal. Apparently, this has not yet been set up for Solstice. On the other hand, as the previous poster stated, there are indeed porters to help you tote your luggage.

I believe luggage valet is when they can issue your boarding pass for your flights and then tag your bags for the flight. You shepherd your bags through customs and then surrender them to the airline personnel in the cruise terminal. Apparently, this has not yet been set up for Solstice. On the other hand, as the previous poster stated, there are indeed porters to help you tote your luggage.

Hi,

Yes that is what I was referring to... Having Porters is nice but its so much nicer when you can get your boarding pass, get rid of your luggage and be on your way :) I am disappointed that there is still no Valet service....

Thanks for your responses.

Archived